By which I mean, similar to the tremolo (which is the wrong word) bar on a guitar. Does one exist? If not, why not? It seems like a wah-esque pedal which creates this effect would be much more simple than the arm itself...plus no detuning.
yep
well, there's the Digitech Whammy pedal, which essentially does that. Altho I think pitch shifting and things like that colour your tone a helluva lot
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Well, a whammy pedal is over a broader scale, correct? For example it will go up or down in octaves, but not in increments. What I'd be looking for is exactly the same range of notes that a whammy bar would give.
yep
oh my bad, you're right. i thought it literally did what a whammy bar does (same name, so ya know...)
well there definitely should be a pedal like that out on the market if there isn't one already
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Digitech give you a "sweep" between standard and an octave up or down? As in you could have it half open and get a pitch somewhere between the two?
Quote by reversegenesis
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Digitech give you a "sweep" between standard and an octave up or down? As in you could have it half open and get a pitch somewhere between the two?

Yeah it has an expression pedal so if you're careful you can change the pitch by a fraction of an octave. But it's not particularly easy. The whammy doesn't actually sound at all like a tremolo arm on any setting. And they suck tone like mad.
Boss VB-2 although it's kinda rare. Retro-Sonic CE-1 has a vibrato option. You can also dail a EHX Deluxe Memory Man in as a vibrato pedal or mod a chorus pedal like a Small Clone to put only a vibrato signal out.
Sounds like you want a vibrato pedal that has an expression pedal or jack for one that controls the intensity. Heel down, no effect. Toe down, max intensity.
Quote by fly135
Sounds like you want a vibrato pedal that has an expression pedal or jack for one that controls the intensity. Heel down, no effect. Toe down, max intensity.

Yes, exactly!
yep
Quote by fly135

Quote by kaneorsomething
Yes, exactly!

The Boss Super Shifter can do that for the most part except when you engage the effect (by pressing the Pedal Switch down, not the Exp. pedal) the first bit of the whammy/vibrato effect is exaggerated kinda like when a player would do it but the LFO is very Smooth as long as you keep the pedal depressed.