What exactly does this crap mean. Like I get a head is. Like a amp that amps ur sound so u can hear it loud though the speakers of a cap. I guess my question is what can I get when it comes time for me to upgrade my 15 watt pos. Should I get a combo amp or would it be better to get a head and cab
well generically, it sounds like your not at the point where you would need a head and cab setup, typically those are some pretty powerful rigs. sounds like a combo might do you better.
it depends on what your looking for. when i upgraded to a gig worthy rig I went for a halfstack. I chose a halfstack because later if i want I can switch the cab out for something else and not have to spend the extra cash buying a new amp.

if your looking for a half stack be ready to spend at least $450

combos are usually cheaper, and you can get some pretty nice ones especially if you run through a PA and won't really need a bunch of power.

if your a bedroom player there is no real need for anything more than a 100watt combo.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
it depends on what your looking for. when i upgraded to a gig worthy rig I went for a halfstack. I chose a halfstack because later if i want I can switch the cab out for something else and not have to spend the extra cash buying a new amp.

if your looking for a half stack be ready to spend at least $450

combos are usually cheaper, and you can get some pretty nice ones especially if you run through a PA and won't really need a bunch of power.

if your a bedroom player there is no real need for anything more than a 100watt combo.

Or, you can find full stacks for $200

To answer TS's question, combos are something you use for portability, or if you aren't in the need for something gig-worthy. One of the pros of stacks are the ability to swap heads with different cabs and vice versa. If you really don't need this, a combo would suit so just fine.

Also, just because its a combo amp, doesnt mean it doesnt have as much power as a half stack. Ive seen some combos that are more powerful than half stacks. Just something to keep in mind.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
Or, you can find full stacks for $200

To answer TS's question, combos are something you use for portability, or if you aren't in the need for something gig-worthy. One of the pros of stacks are the ability to swap heads with different cabs and vice versa. If you really don't need this, a combo would suit so just fine.

Also, just because its a combo amp, doesnt mean it doesnt have as much power as a half stack. Ive seen some combos that are more powerful than half stacks. Just something to keep in mind.

I was talking new, but yeah if you can find a gnarly old peavey stack used like cb4 did then definitely jump on it.

but also i wouldn't say combos are more portable, a head on a 15 is easier to move than a combo with a 15.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
I was talking new, but yeah if you can find a gnarly old peavey stack used like cb4 did then definitely jump on it.

but also i wouldn't say combos are more portable, a head on a 15 is easier to move than a combo with a 15.

Well that's kind of true. I was thinking in the sense that with heads/cabs you need to carry two separate things as opposed to a combo, you're only carrying one. But I see how having them separate would be easier.
pinga