this top E string rattles and buzzes when play it open or a single note. its strange as all other strings are clean sounding. if i tighten top E string it goes from E to Esharp lol thats no good yea.
its not a cheapy guitar but a prs copy that was around 260 2nd hand. im thinking new strings and start over and should be fine? ernie ball strings im using.
What kind of bridge does your guitar have? Your problem would be easiest to fix by raising string height, but not all bridge types allow you to do that.

You could raise the whole bass side a little, which should help, but it could throw off your other strings a little.

You could also use the next gauge up in strings, again should fix your problem, but could potentially cause problems for your other strings.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by MaddMann274
adjust the string height?

btw there is no "E sharp"

Yes there is, depending on the key signature :p
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
hey im not that advanced but when u say 'adjust action' is that the part down below the pickups with allen key screw and the 6 square blocks (1 for each string) that u can move back and forth? i never touched that yet u see. hey man i got tremelo but not the double locking one, just the strat style tremelo yea.
Quote by enryu
hey im not that advanced but when u say 'adjust action' is that the part down below the pickups with allen key screw and the 6 square blocks (1 for each string) that u can move back and forth? i never touched that yet u see. hey man i got tremelo but not the double locking one, just the strat style tremelo yea.

Adjusting the action could mean a couple things. You either adjust the truss rod, or you move the saddles down at the bridge.

In this case, you would be adjusting the string's saddle at the bridge. Tightening the tiny allen screw will raise it; loosening it will lower it. Just adjust it until it sounds and feels good.