Recently bought a MXR 10 band EQ pedal off of ebay but the douche didn't include the adapter.
It states it needs a 18V adapter, but could i get one the has a higher voltage as i know volts has nothing to do with power, cheers!
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
just use a 1spot and whatever adaptor it needs if any (the adaptors come with the 1spot if you but the decent one)
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
its amps, they carry the current to power a mechanism.

So 1spot should be good enough to power it? i have a 9v adapter for a radio that fits the hole, will that work?
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Quote by vivalaheerey
its amps, they carry the current to power a mechanism.
Using you r same logic amps has nothing to do with power. The reality is that there is a relationship between amps and volts that determines power. You should get a power adapter that matches the specified voltage.
You should get a power adapter that matches the specified voltage.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I just bought one... hang on.

Dunlop ECB004 US. 18V adapter, 150mA.
Quote by vivalaheerey
I just used a 9V adapter, its not enough, the pedal keeps fading in and out? would this adpater work instead?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18V-1-amp-1000ma-DC-Power-Supply-Adapter-240v-/190479032128?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_PowerAdaptors_SM&hash=item2c596f5f40#ht_804wt_907

[Fortune teller mode on] I see smoke in your future
Oh, and yes, voltage most definately matters Voltage is the driving force, current is the amount of fuel it takes. Both matter a lot. If you drop voltage in a circuit, the current used increases. So even if the pedal works at 9v., the current required is more. And if that current is too much for the pedal, smoke appears as a warning that you should have used the right adapter. So trust me, use an 18v. adapter, or that pedal will fry in time, even if it works for a while.

Edited to add. That power supply in the link appears to be ok, if....IF... the device uses DC voltage, AND you have a 240VAC outlet to plug in to...AND the adapter is correct...AND it takes no more than 1 amp (1,000ma)....
Last edited by IbanezBossShred at May 9, 2011,