I feel as if my left hand is on a higher level than my right hand. I can't pick consistently for shit.

Any good picking exercises?
I'd practice alternate picking, but if you really aren't consistent, dont even worry about moving around the fretboard yet. Practice picking just one note at a time. Metronomes help keep you in time and consistent.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
It depends on what sort of picking you are talking about - up and down strumming, alternate picking, tremolo etc. Be more specific. But the general thing is trying to play as clean chords as possible with up and down strumming, arpeggios with alternate picking (that is alternating between up and down stroke), and holding a note as long as possible with the tremolo. If you have a question about the tremolo itself - check YouTube for a tutorial or something. Just take it slow.
paul gilbert
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
^ technical difficulties makes for a nice exercise.

And always use a metronome. Seriously, remember the SexEd guys saying: "whatever you do, use a condom". Replace one word and you can use that sentence as your motto: Whatever you do, use a metronome. Even when you take a dump, use a metronome. It's that important!
Yeah
Last edited by TehDutchDude at May 8, 2011,
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
I feel as if my left hand is on a higher level than my right hand. I can't pick consistently for shit.

Any good picking exercises?

Your hands don't have "levels", the only issue is your inability to use both hands together. So slow everything down and focus on keeping your hands synchronised, accurate and in time. If it all starts to fall out of shape then you're trying to play too fast, too soon.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com