Page 1 of 6
...I'm talking about Vegans.
I seemed to be in a good mood, and able to take a little bashing.

I usually find that people are quick to judge Vegans, and I know that I've only been one for a couple of months maybe (I'm not good with time), so I'm not the best judge.

When I told my friends, they thought I had turned religious on them, and the pit seemed to be quick to flame as well.

So I want to know from the pit, why do you dislike vegans?
I'm not trying to get sympathy, empathy, or trying to 'spread the vegan word'.

Just curious

Thanks pit!
It's your strange lack of body hair and the faint smell of spunk constantly wafting about you.
I don't mind vegans as long as they don't tell me eating meat is wrong or if they come to a dinner party and expect me to cook something else.
People hate vegans because the ones you see in the media are extremely adamant about their choice

Just like why people hate atheists, theists, feminists, republicans, democrats, etc.
I love vegans.

Everything different has a judgmental stereotypical view.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
It's usually because vegans can often be very hateful of the meat-eaters. If you call us mass-murderers for eating a burger, we're not exactly gonna be friendly.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
People tend to pick on every minority, or not standard-thing. So all persons who are picked on have got something that isn't standard, and that makes them more unique.

Does that make you feel better?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So I want to know from the pit, why do you dislike vegans?

It isn't that you're vegan, it is that you are different. It has much less to do with a clash of our beliefs as it does with you alienating yourself from social norms.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I am indifferent to those self-righteous hippies.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by darkcheef
People hate vegans because the ones you see in the media are extremely adamant about their choice

Just like why people hate atheists, theists, feminists, republicans, democrats, etc.

/thread

I think most people connect Vegans to PETA and all the other morons (no offense)
<- The Usertitle says the truth
I thought people just laughed at veggies? Didn't know they were hated.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Because everyone complains about evangelical PeTA vegans who tirelessly try to convert them, while in reality I doubt any of them can name a single person they know who ever tried to convert them to vegetarian/veganism.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Well, if y'll weren't shoving PETA in the public sphere all the time...

Seriously though, I don't think anyone hates Vegans. They just hate that so many Vegans like to judge them for eating meat. I mean, it's like how so many people who are Agnostics or Atheists hate Evangelical Christians. They get told they're going to hell by those Evangelical Christians. Then, they call Evangelical Christians ignorant. In essence, both sides judge each other. People don't like being judged, but people sure are quick to judge.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 8, 2011,
Quote by goldmember1217
In general vegans' music making ability is rivaled in awesomeness only by black people so I don't mind them.

i checked your last fm.

our music compatibility is 'super'
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by darkcheef

Yeah.

It's has something to do with anyone who has a strong opinion about anything.

But I tend to love vegans who will take a bite of steak now and then or PETA people who occassionally bslap their dog for crapping on the carpet.

Maybe it's just not being able to persuade someone of something that irks me. I dunno.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

It's different, and people believe we can't even remotely function without meat and dairy products.

I was vegetarian for like 4 months and when my dad freaked out at me a lot and told me I'd never be healthy.

I applaud you for your vegan-ness, sir. I hope to be one one day.

But really I think people dislike vegans because they believe that the vegans will tell them they shouldn't eat meat because it's murder, and people don't want to hear the truth-
-don't want to be told they shouldn't do something.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Well mostly it's the whole superior attitude.

Like non-smokers.
I really wouldn't give a damn, but I just hate when act all morally better because they don't smoke..leave me alone douche, choices are choices.

If someone wants to be a vegan, whatever.
Just don't annoy me 'cause I enjoy a nice big juicy steak.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by thePTOD
It's different, and people believe we can't even remotely function without meat and dairy products.

But really I think people dislike vegans because they believe that the vegans will tell them they shouldn't eat meat because it's murder, and people don't want to hear the truth-
-don't want to be told they shouldn't do something.

This post is like the pretentious "I don't do drugs cause I don't need them" bullshit that makes no sense.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Because 90% of them are annoying tree hugging hippies.

this to be frank. Most people with ideals start shoving them in other people's throats because they think they are superior, like (most) vegans.
Even vegetarians can be trouble: I used to have a veggie friend, but then she started f**king me over every time I ate meat in front of her. So I bitchslapped her with a slice of ham
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
All but one of BTBAM's members are vegan, I think. We don't seem to hate them very much. ...or so it seems.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by assparade69
hahahah he's a vegan what an asshole. vegetarians ftw vegans ftl

Oh yeh? Well that's just like...your opinion man.

And yeh I don't really try to convert people into veganism, if they ask me about it/if they are interested I tell them what I know, otherwise I really don't care what others eat.
Except for my mother, but that's because she called me a moron, so I just had to ruin her appetite

AEDIT:
Quote by Spartan101400
Because being a Vegan isn't natural and you're denying your natural instincts

itswrongman.jpg.

Actually...well nvm I think I kinda promised no more preaching

Quote by TimTheWizard
this to be frank. Most people with ideals start shoving them in other people's throats because they think they are superior, like (most) vegans.
Even vegetarians can be trouble: I used to have a veggie friend, but then she started f**king me over every time I ate meat in front of her. So I bitchslapped her with a slice of ham

Oh man I hope this isn't true, still hilarious as **** though
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at May 8, 2011,
I'll just add that supporting or arguing against the belief in a flawed premise is equally annoying to some.

Not me, of course, but definately to others.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Hey! I resent your implication! I LOVE vegans, they're really great!

I mean, come on, TS, don't be so judgemental about us non-vegetarians just because we're carnivores doesn't mean we don't have a sensitive side too, y'know?

I don't hate you, and I respect you and your choices, but I ask that you in turn respect me and mine. Is that really so much to ask? If we all just tried a little harder, couldn't we all just get along? Together, we can make the world a better place by fostering an atmosphere of peace and harmony based upon a mutual exchange of trust, respect and understanding.

Sorry, wearing my heart out on my sleeve a little.

As I said, I love vegans.

They taste great.
Last edited by LordBishek at May 8, 2011,
The vegans I've met were all militant about it and acted like by not being vegan, people are doing something wrong. They had this holier than thou attitude like they were better than the rest for not eating meat.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by 310320
All but one of BTBAM's members are vegan, I think. We don't seem to hate them very much. ...or so it seems.

Well, now I hate them with a passion!

No, but really...do you see the members of BTBAM running around going, "Eating meat is bad"? No. They're vegans. So what? As long as they eat their vegan diet and don't tell me what to eat, who gives a rat's ass?
Because vegans are ****ing hypocrites. If you care THAT strongly for the lives of all animals, then you should care about the lives of the plants, fungi, and microscopic animals you kill by the thousands every day. Give and take is the LAW of life on this planet, and it is impossible for you to live without killing something. a few hundred bacteria and viruses just died in your GI tract and there's nothing you can do about it.

You have a doctrine that you follow that somehow our design is wrong and you go against the natural order. Open your mouth in a mirror. See those canines, bicuspids and incisors? They are for TEARING FLESH. Now prick your finger and run your blood through a DNA spectral analyzer. See all those blueprints for protein-unlocking amino acids? They are keys your body uses for turning meat, fat, oil, and flesh into ATP and lipids. Your organs are made of meat and need meat to maintain themselves. Your joints are lubricated with animal fats. Your muscles rebuild themselves and fortify your strength with complex protein strands. The list goes on and on.

Human beings, the animals, the chordates, the mammals, the hominids; Homo Sapiens are omnivores. We need fruits, vegetables, and animal meats to live the way we were meant to by natural selection. So shut the **** up about your life choices already. Do what you want, but don't think you have any right to shove your Couscous down other peoples' throats. In certain regards you idiots are worse than Peta and religious psychos. Do what you will, but if you try to take steak off my plate, know that YOU are the next nearest thing made of meat, and I INTEND to get my meat ration.

"hurr I enjoy eating vast amounts of soy in order to attempt to obtain enough protein in my unnatural diet! Even though the phytoestrogen gives me man boobs, shrinks my balls, poisons my thyroid, and in general just makes me act like a little bitch, I somehow feel like this is a good life decision. The diarreah following my crappy meals is just amazing."
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Most vegans i have met (on this site and real life) annoy me because they try and guilt trip me for eating meat if the topic comes up and make attempts to convert me. Not gunna happen.
You can eat whatever you want, even if it's bad for your body (like vegans, you need meat and dairy).

But if you goddamned open your mouth and tell me what I'm doing is wrong, I'll just list off everything DempseyPunk just said. Vegans are WRONG in how they eat. If that's their choice, then fine by me. But if they ever judge me for eating meat then I'm gonna get pissed.