How would I go about getting the bass tone that you hear in this song? You hear it a lot in the punk genre. I'm not sure if it's a pedal effect or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYjZxD1nJE
Quote by diofan88
You already have an alcohol problem: The problem being, you lack alcohol

Quote by laid-to-waste
no, this is the first time i've ever rubbed another man's nipple in a jacuzzi

it was horrible
sounds like bridge pickup, bright/new strings, eq less bass more treble, playing with a pick
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Alright, I'll experiment with my EQ then. New strings will prolyl happen soon too. Thanks guys.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible
1. In no way, shape or form is that punk.

2. Played with a pick, probably an SVT, small speakers; probably 10s, new strings, boosted highs...
I'd say slightly cut mids, but just slightly.
There's not a lot of low end in the mix but I'd put that down to shitty modern mastering, not the bassist's actual sound.

EDIT; If the SR400 is the one I think it is, favour the bridge bickup (but not completely) and roll the tone towards the slap option a little.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at May 8, 2011,
Quote by gilly_90

2. Played with a pick, probably an SVT, small speakers; probably 10s, new strings, boosted highs...
There's not a lot of low end in the mix but I'd put that down to shitty modern mastering, not the bassist's actual sound.

EDIT; If the SR400 is the one I think it is, favour the bridge bickup (but not completely) and roll the tone towards the slap option a little.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was tempted hard to say that.
Quote by gilly_90

In the higher quality version the low end is good. Thanks again.
Quote by diofan88

Quote by laid-to-waste

it was horrible