Didn't find anything online about chaining footswitches. Does it work the same way as chaining pedals?
Thanks
I'm confused by exactly what you mean here.

Do you want to know a more effective way of hitting two switches at once?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I want one switch to control Distortion/Clean channels and another separate switch to control efx.
If you're talking about just installing another toggle to an existing footswitch in order to engage/disengage something, you won't be able to do that without some amp modification.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
No, I want to get 2 single footswitches and put them side by side to act as a dual channel footswitch where 1 switch controls the channels and the other controls efx.
Or is that just not possible.

To further clear it up here's an example
I want to have 2 Boss FS 5U's chained together (because I only have one footswitch input jack on my amp) to simulate the same function as a Boss FS 6 pedal.
What amp do you have?
It probably isn't possible as the functions of the footswitch are built into the amp.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
What amp do you have?
It probably isn't possible as the functions of the footswitch are built into the amp.

This is what I was getting at.

you should be able to run them into a Y with 2 TS's to TRS assuming your boss switches are mono and the jack on your amp is stereo

assuming your amp uses just standard relays
/rig
Oh it's a Roland Cube 30.
If it's not possible, I suppose I'll have to settle for a Boss FS 6 although it is a pretty costly option :/ I don't know of any other quality alternatives than that.
Last edited by scarhawk at May 8, 2011,
This really isn't the kind of feature you get on most practice amps. If you have money to burn and just need small digital amps check out the Vypyr with the Sanpera footswitches.
The Roland Cube 30 (according to the manual) uses momentary switches like a keyboards sustain pedal. It uses a stereo phone jack with channel selection switch wired to the tip, the FX on/off to the ring and a common ground on the sleeve.
In that case you could just use two el cheapo keyboards footswitches, you can get them with two in the one unit. Then all you'd need at most is a two mono to stereo adapter. Most dual keyboards footswitches have two mono plugs, not a stereo plug.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 9, 2011,
Or should I get one of those cheap latching switches. Although I hear they don't work well with the cubes