Alright, so here's the situation. I own a 15watt Fender Rumble (Gen. I, not the newer Gen II) and a Fender BXR300C, a 300 watt 15" combo on casters thats a pain to lug. I used to own a Behringer 120watt combo that sucked, but I sold it for $150 because I didn't like it and I needed the money.

Also, my 15watt is with an old friend in Virginia (with two other guitar amps and pedals of mine...) and I have no idea when/if I'm getting those back. So I want another amp, not too big or small, and good quality.

So, having played acoustics before at my local Guitar Center and other shops and a budget around $150-250 I decided upon this.

Now, at first I didn't realize it's optimized for Acoustic-Electric bass (which coincidentally I have) but I want it more for my 6-string with EMG-HZ's. Has anyone used one with an electric before? How does it handle the Low B? (My Elec-Acou is a 5 string)

I've heard great things about it with upright and acoustic bass, acoustic guitar, vocals, etc... but very little about electric bass. Enough to make me still want it but impressions from real people are nice.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
The 'specifically designed for acoustic bass' is a marketing hype more than anything. The main difference between acoustic bass guitars and electric is the natural timbre, and maybe the output. The only way I can see that it would be specifically designed for an acoustic bass is that the EQ was set to cut/boost specific frequencies that are commonly present in acoustic basses, but even then that would be so individual to each bass it would be made redundant. If anyone can prove me wrong on this then I'll take it all back and would very much appreciate the elightenment.

It should do fine with both acoustic and electric bass. Being only a single 10 inch speaker your B string won't sound amazing, but it'll handle it just fine. That's as far as I can go with the specific amp though, I've never played one.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Thanks Fleajr. My Fender 15w with an 8" speaker actually handled my B string not too terribly so if that's the case I'm not too worried!
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
I would really recommend going to a shop and trying out some of their top of the range amps just to get a good idea of what 'handling' a low B really sounds like. I'm not saying you don't, I'm saying make sure because I tried a Rumble 100W 1x15 combo and it just about held a low B.

Again, i'm not saying yours doesn't, I'm saying I wouldn't have thought it would and, for the love of God, make sure before you buy this thing.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I would really recommend going to a shop and trying out some of their top of the range amps just to get a good idea of what 'handling' a low B really sounds like. I'm not saying you don't, I'm saying make sure because I tried a Rumble 100W 1x15 combo and it just about held a low B.

Again, i'm not saying yours doesn't, I'm saying I wouldn't have thought it would and, for the love of God, make sure before you buy this thing.

Duly noted, though I have used from a noname amp with a 6" speaker up to a full 500 watt stack with an 18" on the bottom. I've used Acoustics 200 watt with a 5 string and it sounded surprisingly full. Sometimes you find a gem of a small speaker that for whatever reason can carry lows well. At the same time, you get large speakers that still sound like someone taking a dump.

I'm going today and while I'm there I'm going to see what else they have in my range and compare. Also going to compare it to the 100w Acoustic and see if it's worth splurging the extra $50. Like I said though, I'm more or less looking for portability and being able to be heard in a small band setting.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
For anyone who cares I ended up getting the Acoustic AB50.

Short and sweet review:

Bought it based on how good it sounded with an acoustic-electric bass (if you recall I wanted it more for electric). It just sounded so beautiful and natural, like it was just a big acoustic soundhole. Having now tried it with an electric bass it works fine. I don't hear any strain on it and while it does sound "hollow" it has that nice woody tone that is also full in its own way. Overall, very happy with it, 9/10. Longer review later.
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter