Lately this week, I've been becoming more and more sloppy with my playing. I'm not as articulate, and I can't play as quickly as before. My left hand always misses the strings on the frets, and I can't play songs that I used to be able to play with my eyes closed. What's happening? Is this normal? It's starting to piss me off.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Slow down!
it happens to all of us, you might be tired

and you dont have to play with your eyes closed
unless you plan on become blind or something :P:

edit: just slow it down get it perfect. then speed it up

or you might need to take a day or two off

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Last edited by maximumrocker at May 8, 2011,
Had the same thing happen towards end of last year.
I had like a whole week of crap before i took two weeks off, completely no guitar.

Came back, started with the basics to get back in the groove and now im playing better than ever.
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
yeah, id say taking a berak of a day or two and remembering to warm up is key. Remember: playing an instrument is very much a physical thing when your talking technical ability, so think of it like training for a sport. If you run every day, your body doesn't have a chance to recover and get stronger, and if you don't warm up, stretch, and work on your basic fundamentals then you can get sloppy. Take a day off, then do warm ups for a bit next time. Hope it helps!
When I have a bad day I stop playing and take a break for a full day to get caught up with school work etc. Then when I come back I find I am playing better, am less frustrated, and more easily make progress. Just take a break man.
Quote by maximumrocker
Slow down!
it happens to all of us, you might be tired

and you dont have to play with your eyes closed
unless you plan on become blind or something :P:

edit: just slow it down get it perfect. then speed it up

or you might need to take a day or two off

I play rhythm with my eyes closed when singing.

When ever my playing becomes sloppy I slow down and work back up to speed.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
breath.

slower.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

first things first, it happens to the best of us.

These songs you can no longer play, how long has it been since you played them?

slow down like everyone else has said.

also sometimes your brain burns out on the guitar (you know, too much of a good thing...) best thing is to go away from it for a while. if you want to still work on guitar stuff, work on your theory, or analyze some music. you can also listen to some music you wouldn't usually listen to. or jus leave it completely, go for a walk play some video games, watch a movie, pretty much just do stuff for a couple of days away from the guitar.

anyways good luck
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
I'm going to go with the majority and suggest you either need to slow down and work your way back up to tempo, or take a nice break for a day or two. Breaks are always good, you won't become terrible if you miss a day of practice.