How nervous do you get when you have to do a presentation for school/work?

Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
Extremely nervous
11 21%
Very nervous
11 21%
somewhat nervous
14 26%
Not nervous at all
8 15%
I actually like doing presentations
9 17%
Voters: 53.
Just wondering what poll results for this would look like.

I get pretty nervous but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I guess I've gotten used to them and I have taken a speech class which was responsible for lowering my nervousness a lot. Still hate doing them though.
I get extremely nervous whenever I have to do them for school. We're working on public speaking in my English class this upcoming week and the thought of it makes my hands all sweaty. I have issues.
doen't bother me at all. I don't particularly enjoy doing it, but I don't feel much different about speaking to a group of people than I do to a few friends.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
It depends which class it's for and how much I know about the topic

But most of the time, I'm not really nervous
I've learned to love performing after doing a few shows playing guitar. I get a bit nervous, but far more energetic and excited (for gigs). For presentations, I just like teaching people things and getting to present something. Not overly nervous or excited.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Depends on the class. If it's a serious presentation about the effects of video games on society, then I get nervous. But in my engineering class we recently had to create a toy for 3-5 year olds. We basically got to heckle everyone while they presented about how stupid theirs was. It was fun doing that presentation.

So I voted somewhat.
When I'm well-prepared, had a good night's sleep and have everything in order? Then I just stroll out and rock their socks off like it's the easiest thing in the world and love every minute of it.

Having to improvise during an ill-prepared presentation that I have to give and spontaneously bullshit my way through? That's a different story.
Just remember, everyone who hasn't gone yet is to busy being nervous about having to do their presentation and everyone who already went is to busy worrying about their grade so noone is going to notice if you mess up. At that point it pretty much becomes a 1 on 1 conversation between you and the instructor (with you looking across the blank stares instead of at the instructor), which eases a lot of tension.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Im pretty good at bullshitting, so I feel confident on what Im talking about, whatever it is.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Used to get really nervous when I had to do presentations... but since I'm in a semi-private school (it gets funds from the State, but it's run by privates), we get to do a lot of oral presentations, which doesn't really happen in public schools (from what I've heard from my friends).

As a result, I went from being really nervous to not feeling nervous at all. Recently, I did some presentations about the brain to different classes and two teachers said I did pretty good. I still have some difficulty to move my hands and body, 'cause I don't really do that when talking to someone, but had to do it, since that kind of stuff would count towards my mark. It felt a bit weird, but got it done
Last edited by PnT at May 8, 2011,
Depends if I know what I'm talking about well or not.. Also, which language it is. If it's Norwegian or English I'm fine, but if it's Spanish or some other foreign language I get really nervous and shit.
As far as i can tell, this kind of thing is what at least British education lacks a lot of. During all of my school years, i had to present to the class maybe 3 or 4 times, and not once on my own... i'm not complaining because i don't really enjoy it, but speaking and presenting skills seem to be vital once you leave school.

In short, i hate speaking in front of people, but i wouldn't if i had to in school. And seeing as you all fell asleep after the first sentence of my post, it turns out i'm not much good at it either. I'll just leave now.
Periphery, love that shit!
i usually get ridiculously nervous and **** it up completely, but the last presentation i did was exactly like this:
Quote by rjdusa
Just remember, everyone who hasn't gone yet is to busy being nervous about having to do their presentation and everyone who already went is to busy worrying about their grade so noone is going to notice if you mess up. At that point it pretty much becomes a 1 on 1 conversation between you and the instructor (with you looking across the blank stares instead of at the instructor), which eases a lot of tension.

and i ****ing nailed it