ok heres my story.

left school to lean carpentry, finished a 2 year course but didnt get qualified because the collage failed to put me through a health and safety test.
because I was in the last year to do an ICA in carpentry it meant if i wanted to go back and get a qualification I would have to pay £9000 for the course (since i was 18 at the time).

since then I have had 3 jobs; cleaning tables in a resteraunt, training with the terratorial army and admin work.

Im now 20 and still in the admin work and I have been doing this for 2 years now. it is THE most depressing thought in the world to know that the next 365 days of the year are going to be the same as the last 365 days so I feel like i need to do something about it.

the main thought has been to apply to a Uni to do music tech. and I'd like to know more about it.

so heres the question:

should I leave my £15,000 year admin job (that is destroying my soul) to go into debt and become a student with the hope of getting a job that i want????
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Try for a scholarship? That, or an open university course you can fit in around your job.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Do it.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Dave Frenzy
ok heres my story.

left school to lean carpentry, finished a 2 year course but didnt get qualified because the collage failed to put me through a health and safety test.
because I was in the last year to do an ICA in carpentry it meant if i wanted to go back and get a qualification I would have to pay £9000 for the course (since i was 18 at the time).

since then I have had 3 jobs; cleaning tables in a resteraunt, training with the terratorial army and admin work.

Im now 20 and still in the admin work and I have been doing this for 2 years now. it is THE most depressing thought in the world to know that the next 365 days of the year are going to be the same as the last 365 days so I feel like i need to do something about it.

the main thought has been to apply to a Uni to do music tech. and I'd like to know more about it.

so heres the question:

should I leave my £15,000 year admin job (that is destroying my soul) to go into debt and become a student with the hope of getting a job that i want????

thats why.
Leave your corporate nightmare life to become a rockstar, working your way up from a dirt poor pub act to a legendary musical act that every teenage girl in the world will be screaming for and throwing their undersized bras at
I think you just convinced yourself while typing that out...good luck!
Quote by dnamra13

when i was waiting for slayer there was a guy who kept on touching his **** in public i was like HELL NO !!!. what the F*** is wrong with this place.

I gig around London, UK, check us out/add us

www.facebook.com/follly
www.follly.com
definitely leave that shit job man.

i spent far too long in a job i hated and that did my health no good at all.
Do it or I'll tyler durden you into becoming a vet

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Dave Frenzy

HORSESHIT! that's outrageous! feel for ya man

If you are intelligent and motivated enough to do a degree, I'd say go for it. I'm in second year now and I can't imagine being in your position... uni is awesome
Last edited by korinaflyingv at May 8, 2011,
Definitely. I'm going to college for 2 years and then hopefully going to uni to study music tech. I would obviously rather go to uni this year but I had to drop out of school.
Yes but first try and find a Scholarship for Music Tech. And research each course carefully. My course is focused on Sound Manipulation, whereas at other unis it's nearly purely Recording.
Yes
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Duffman123
Definitely. I'm going to college for 2 years and then hopefully going to uni to study music tech. I would obviously rather go to uni this year but I had to drop out of school.

May I ask why?

OT: Do it while you still can dude. You won't regret it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
May I ask why?

Way behind in work I'm not going to hand in and exams I won't end up studying for and will no doubt fail. Lack of motivation is a bitch.
Do it!

If you keep that horrible job you might end regret not taking this chance while you're still young.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.