can u play your own way when it comes to learning from tab? u see the piece im playing slides from 3rd fret down to 7th fret then down to 12 and back to 10. its silly i mean for real i never seen it played like that on one string lol its like tab never acurrate. i worked out a way to play it between 4 frets and go using 3 strings, it sounds much better and feels easier my way than the tab i found.
No. You HAVE to play it the way its written.
"Friedman quit Megadeth in early January 2000 in order to pursue Japanese girls and other interests."
Quote by enryu
it sounds much better and feels easier my way than the tab i found.

I think you've answered your own question.
REGGIE
hey man the thing is at google i try many tab links and they are different, so it lead me to think the tab writers adjust it to make easier for them yea.
no u hav to ply by th rules

Break them TS. see what happens.
That's right, you've used your initiative, realized something may not be right and it sounds better.
If it sounds better, don't play it as it's written. Simples!
Tabs are just one person's interpretation of the song, some people find it easy to play one way, others find it easier to do something else. It's perfectly okay to play it differently to how the tab suggests.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by angelsdontgrill
No. You HAVE to play it the way its written.

noo... just no.ha ha forum noob.
quick question do you have to put the peanut butter on your sandwich before the jelly?

if it sounds good, its right.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Peanut butter and jelly is all kids of wrong tbh..............
Q: What do 9 out of 10 people enjoy?

A: Gang Rape
Quote by ethansj1
noo... just no.ha ha forum noob.

Sarcasm fail.

Play it with whatever fingering you want, if it's comfortable and sounds good, then you're set.

The only cases where sticking to the fingering would be a valid argument would be in 20th century music like Brouwer who wrote in the fingerings specifically for the tone colour that playing wherever produces instead of choosing your own fingerings.
Quote by Aleksi
Tabs are just one person's interpretation of the song, some people find it easy to play one way, others find it easier to do something else. It's perfectly okay to play it differently to how the tab suggests.

+1

Tabs will look different based on who tabbed the song. It may or may not be how the original artist played it, but either way, it's up to you to decide how you want to play it.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
whatever sounds best i guess. Interestingly i have a beatles tab book where it even states in the info that some songs have been enhanced for ease of playing. i.e a capo has been added and the key altered to fit the capo. Lots of online guitar tab is like that as more so if someone learned it b y ear