well it seems that the newest craze is built in attenuator on amps ( Marshall , Mesa, etc.)

my question is even though your overpowering the power section of the
tube amps isn't the the speakers not going to distort the same as if the
the amp was turned up all the way ?

though it is a nice feature for the amp companies to put with there
product now sense attenuators cost £200 or more .
they aren't attenuators at least the the marshall one isn't.

it's a variable voltage control.

and no the speakers won't distort the same way.

neither will the power section really.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
No, but in fairness, not everybody turns things up so loud that the speakers distort.
Quote by jpnyc
No, but in fairness, not everybody turns things up so loud that the speakers distort.

They damn well should.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i've checked out Mesa ra100 sounds cool, and has assignable power soak attenuation

for the low low price of 1,899.00 link to amp
Last edited by 951 at May 8, 2011,
Dunno why anybody would bother with built-in attenuators unless they're talking about VVR.

Having a standalone unit is so much simpler, since it stays with you when you inevitably get bored with the amp and trade it.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Dunno why anybody would bother with built-in attenuators unless they're talking about VVR.

Having a standalone unit is so much simpler, since it stays with you when you inevitably get bored with the amp and trade it.

Tr00f. I've sold or traded pretty much everything that I said I wouldn't sell other than my Blackbacks and Flexi 50.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by bubb_tubbs

yea , true i guess , but most people i think ( sense im not pro )in the pro realm keep
everything they get because the usually go back to it a few years later or for the songs they wrote , but they can afford it .

were if i sell something I'm usually saying i wish i didn't sell that .
^ Except if you have a standalone unit, you can move it between the 800 amps you have instead of having to have one installed in each, so I'm still not seeing the advantage...

i don't regret selling a single thing.

also the flexi50 is awesome.

also matt i told you so.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
The only thing I've ever regretted selling was my original Fulldrive II, because I ended up paying $30 more for my current one and it doesn't have the mojo white knobs.