I'm no luthier, but I'd love to find a finely constructed neck+body Les Paul that is unpainted and has no hardware so I can dress it up just the way I want.

Whats the best way to go? Warmoth is interesting but it's expensive and the body and neck come seperate (ideally i'd like to have a whole guitar that is just nude of electronics, hardware and paint)
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Call up gibson and have them do it
Since they make les pauls
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Call up gibson and have them do it
Since they make les pauls

Sounds expensive?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass
Quote by bluezombie
I'm no luthier, but I'd love to find a finely constructed neck+body Les Paul that is unpainted and has no hardware so I can dress it up just the way I want.

Whats the best way to go? Warmoth is interesting but it's expensive and the body and neck come seperate (ideally i'd like to have a whole guitar that is just nude of electronics, hardware and paint)

Warmoth is still the best place, and I don't think its all THAT expensive. Unpainted body and neck you can get from them would cost about $300-600 depending on the quality you're after and they have a vast selection range. Only thing you won't get as far as a true Les-Paul is concerned is the set-neck construction.

edit: Ok, I just searched up on Warmoth, LP bodies are much more expensive than Strat bodies apparently.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by MonsterOfRock at May 8, 2011,
Well, pretty much everyone here is going to say Warmoth. Unless you want to go Gibson, which is expensive. Or maybe have Ed Roman make a custom one for you, which would be RIDICULOUSLY expensive.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
most companies aren't gonna do set neck guitar bodies and necks.

warmoth is probably your best bet.

if it's too expensive grab a used guitar, strip it down and build it bac kup.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Guitar Fetish sells a cheap kit; you can just toss the electronics and use the body/neck.
Warmoth really is the best place to go. Some people have turned Warmoth bodies and necks into set neck guitars, search on google and you'll find enough posts about doing it on various forums.

I don't know what people are thinking saying Gibson, Gibson will not make an unfinished guitar for you. They won't even make a regular finished Les Paul with custom wiring for a member of the public, let alone let you loose on one of their guitars.
You say you don't want Warmoth because the body and neck come separate... but the necks are bolt-on so that shouldn't really matter? Although I guess a bolt-on neck could possibly turn you off from getting it from Warmoth.

Most places will only either sell a neck blank or a kit that has a separated body and neck. In all honesty, gluing the neck to the body is one of the easiest parts.
Look into the kits. They are quite cheap and can end looking pretty nice once finished. Warmoth is the way to go if you want good quality wood and design but of course it comes at a cost.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Peavey 6505+ 112
Guitar Fetish is the most cost-effective. Set neck, solid mahogany with flame maple cap, comes with all hardware, but you can always switch that out. $209 for an LP, not bad.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Quote by RockinSince1993
Guitar Fetish is the most cost-effective. Set neck, solid mahogany with flame maple cap, comes with all hardware, but you can always switch that out. $209 for an LP, not bad.

This is interesting thanks!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
?? Samick Bass