Personally, I hate toothpaste and that cheesy sickening minty/whatevery taste it leaves in your mouth afterwards. I can deal with it during the day, but at night before bed I really resent doing it, as I wake up with that shitty taste in my mouth.

Now I've recently looked up a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to salt, of which there are several testimonials around teh webz. I've also taken to gargling with warm salt water, which is a lot more pleasant than Listerine (and cheaper too) - my doctor recommended it to me when I saw him last.

Has anyone tried these or other alternatives to toothpaste? If so, are they any good/recommended? Or am I just being a gigantic hippy?
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Personally, I hate toothpaste and that cheesy sickening minty/whatevery taste it leaves in your mouth afterwards. I can deal with it during the day, but at night before bed I really resent doing it, as I wake up with that shitty taste in my mouth.

Now I've recently looked up a 3:1 ratio of baking soda to salt, of which there are several testimonials around teh webz. I've also taken to gargling with warm salt water, which is a lot more pleasant than Listerine (and cheaper too) - my doctor recommended it to me when I saw him last.

Has anyone tried these or other alternatives to toothpaste? If so, are they any good/recommended? Or am I just being a gigantic hippy?

This.
you're a stone fox
I do stuff like that once in a while but not regularly. Makes me feel all natural and stuff but I trust the dentistry community more than salt.
I too use baking soda and salt, with saltwater mouthwash, ZOMG WE'RE BROTHERS
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Tooth decay is an excellent alternative to toothpaste.

But seriously, you could always get a better tasting toothpaste.

I really like the flavor of that one. It's minty, but in a different way. Also,

Crest Whitening Expressions are pretty tasty too.

If you hate mint in all its forms, you can always use children's toothpaste, which often comes in strawberry or something.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at May 8, 2011,
Put Hydrogen Peroxide in your mixtures. It will whiten your teeth.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Well you can thank me for your mother's pearly whites then.

BOOM

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Doctor Bronner's can be used as a toothpaste. Also, it's made from hemp oil and stuff, so it works for your hippie thing too. It will taste like crap however.
flossing is what really cleans your teeth. if you floss + use the 3:1 ratio it'll be just about as effective as regular toothpaste
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Buy a toothpaste that isn't mint flavoured?

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
Buy a toothpaste that isn't mint flavoured?

I hate mint flavoured toothpaste.
Gingivitis.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.