Here's the deal-i-o, Pit:

Right now, I live at home....

PROS:

- No utility bills/rent
- Free food

CONS:

- Rules of the house
- 30 minutes from my workplace

BUT my friend is willing to rent me a room in his house.

PROS:

- Freedom
- Only 10 minutes from my workplace
- Close to friends at all times

CONS:

- $50 per month to cover utilities/rent
- buying my own food

I don't ever eat much at home as it is, I mostly either eat out or don't eat anyways...

...the math I have figured is that I would save almost 200 dollars a month in gas.

Opinions????
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Move out. 50 bucks a month for rent? Good deal bro. And if you don't eat much it wont be bad as you have a job.
Saves money. If you're not particularly attached to your parents, and reasonably independent, go for it. You won't find anywhere else that you can rent for $50 a month.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by HelpTravesty
Do you work for more than minimum wage?

I work for minimum.

Right now though, even with the immense amount I'm paying for gas, I still have enough extra cash to put almost 200 a month in savings.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
so let's break it down. getting the place will result in:

$150 a month
complete freedom from parents
10 HOURS less of commuting each month

why the hell don't you already live there?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Make a thread on it.

Move out. Hell, I make less than minimum wage and would jump on that in a heartbeat.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Move. It's a win-win all the way. Make sure you explain to your parents the practicality of your moving, and make sure you do it on good terms.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Make a thread on it.

Move out. Hell, I make less than minimum wage and would jump on that in a heartbeat.

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Lost Dog
Move out. 50 bucks a month for rent? Good deal bro. And if you don't eat much it wont be bad as you have a job.

No kidding. Holy shit. Is that even a real offer? I mean, 50 dollars? Christ, you'd be a fool not to take it. Do it man.
Quote by fearofthemark

Probably a member of a waitstaff. Minimum wage for waitstaff is $3.50.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
That's a great deal bro! Do it! I would kill for that opportunity.
Quote by fearofthemark

Commission-only is a bitch.
Quote by PlayMadness
Probably a member of a waitstaff. Minimum wage for waitstaff is $3.50.

Not sure about England, but in America, if a waiter doesn't make minimum wage with tips, the employer is legally obligated to pay the rest.

Quote by sadSTATUE
Commission-only is a bitch.

That must suck

I just read Death of a Salesman, so don't go killing yourself!
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by captaincrunk
There is no way in hell you'll save 200 bucks a month on gas. I'd believe like, 50.

Right now I pay almost 50 bucks a week in gas to commute back and forth.

Living in town I could make it back and forth on about 20, maybe less.

That's a savings of anywhere from 120-150 dollars a month.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Right now I pay almost 50 bucks a week in gas to commute back and forth.

Living in town I could make it back and forth on about 20, maybe less.

That's a savings of anywhere from 120-150 dollars a month.

That is definitely not 200 a month. And you're assuming you won't travel more to other places besides work, and some other things.
You should definitely move out. That's a great deal for rent.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by captaincrunk
There is no way in hell you'll save 200 bucks a month on gas. I'd believe like, 50.

40 minutes less a day of driving time. If TS is driving anything bigger than a 4 cylinder car, then he'd be going through some gas.
My drive time is 30 minutes in total a day. And I'm spend $80 a week for gas.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Twist of fate
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily

Better listen to him, he's pre-med.

But really, move out. Even if it wasn't ridiculously low rent, I would still say move out. The sooner people move out, the better. It has to happen at some point, and the sooner you do it, the sooner you get acquainted with how things will be for the rest of your life. You have to stand on your own two feet. And seriously, $50 a month? That's nothing. I would kill for that.
We're only strays.
Quote by fearofthemark

That must suck

I just read Death of a Salesman, so don't go killing yourself!

Spending money gets tight, sure, but it's not so bad considering. Alone it would suck, but without going into too many tedious details, it's a relatively newly established family business that I essentially run, and we've worked out that the commission is on top of my car getting paid for. Maybe once that's over, we can negotiate over that Breedlove 12-string I've been wanting.
Quote by Koshman32
40 minutes less a day of driving time. If TS is driving anything bigger than a 4 cylinder car, then he'd be going through some gas.

So you're assuming TS works 7 days a week?
Quote by captaincrunk

$50 saved from gas - $50 spent on rent = net loss of $0 with added freedom
Quote by Koshman32

Then 60 minutes a day is $160. No way he's saving $200 unless he gets paid to drive at the new place.
Get on that cheap room man.

That will be the business.
Quote by captaincrunk
That is definitely not 200 a month. And you're assuming you won't travel more to other places besides work, and some other things.

He's still saving gas man. What you're picking apart is petty.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by captaincrunk
+X on food.

But the point was that he doesn't save 200 a month on gas.

Okay.
last.fm[/url}
Move out, bro. And take me with you.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by HelpTravesty
Okay.

Thank you for realizing how fucking juvenile this bickering was.
Quote by captaincrunk
Considering he's asking for advice of a monetary nature, overestimating has gas savings by over 50% is a big deal...

I agree, except it got to the point where you just had to be right. Even if it was $197 a month you would have said "hurrr no thats not $200 olol."
Quote by due 07
I agree, except it got to the point where you just had to be right. Even if it was $197 a month you would have said "hurrr no thats not $200 olol."

No, not at all. You're just throwing shit around now.
Quote by Koshman32

That seems a little bit high too me. I drive 30km (40-50min a day) and I spend 25/week on gas. My car goes 16mpg.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Better listen to him, he's pre-med.

But really, move out. Even if it wasn't ridiculously low rent, I would still say move out. The sooner people move out, the better. It has to happen at some point, and the sooner you do it, the sooner you get acquainted with how things will be for the rest of your life. You have to stand on your own two feet. And seriously, $50 a month? That's nothing. I would kill for that.

These are all good points, but when you actually start making money, the ability to live rent free at home and save for a good length of time completely outweighs all of this.
Quote by mrcrono
Are you sure its not $50 a week? Cuz even weekly that'd be a ridiculously amazing deal.

Nope, it's per month.

Their Dad is quite wealthy, so he already pays all the bills for the house anyways. He doesn't stay there all the time, and he said the 50 a month would just be paid to my friend and his brother, so they would have spending money.

The room I'm getting is a fixer-upper, but it's nothing a little paint and furniture can't fix.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
Nope, it's per month.

Their Dad is quite wealthy, so he already pays all the bills for the house anyways. He doesn't stay there all the time, and he said the 50 a month would just be paid to my friend and his brother, so they would have spending money.

The room I'm getting is a fixer-upper, but it's nothing a little paint and furniture can't fix.

Fucking hit that shit, bro.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Page 1 of 2