Sorry for another "recommend me a guitar" thread, but seeing some suggestions can only do good. I'll try to be the more precise I can to make the task easier.

I'm searching for a guitar under 800$. I'm a lead/rhythm guitarist in a band and my tastes are around hard rock/punk rock/metal/instrumental stuff. So I mostly need a good lead tone.

For the guitar feeling, I have to precise that I have little hands... So I need some ease of access for the higher notes since I'm a lead guitarist .

I know that for that price, I can't get anything incredible, but I can manage getting a good tone without fancy stuff. The reason why the guitar I have right now can't make it is because it's bridge pickup tone is too harsh, and the neck pickup is too mellow/bassy/ almost muffled. I did try fixing it by changing pickup heights and setting it up, but no results. Also, I don't like the feeling of that guitar. It's an ibanez SZ520QM by the way, with a custom seymour duncan/ibanez pickup on neck and a seymour duncan JB for the bridge pickup. Switching pickups while playing a song makes everything sound so bad because the pickups are very different (came like that when I got the guitar).

I was thinking about getting an ESP LTD or an Ibanez with a fixed bridge of course. Maybe an epiphone also, but I haven't heard good stuff about them.

Thanks in advance, I'll sincerely appreciate your help
If you are going to get an LTD, try to go used and get one of their older ones. Every LTD that I've played that's at least a few years old has been better than their current models. The Ibanez sabers are also very awesome, but you would most likely end up needing a pickup swap because stock Ibanez pups are just disastrous in my opinion.
Quote by I'm A Shark
If you are going to get an LTD, try to go used and get one of their older ones. Every LTD that I've played that's at least a few years old has been better than their current models. The Ibanez sabers are also very awesome, but you would most likely end up needing a pickup swap because stock Ibanez pups are just disastrous in my opinion.

I agree with the pups point, I already planned doing that anyways since most guitars at that price don't come with any incredible pickups lol. How many years old minimum do you think I should look for?
esp ltd mh-1000nt or esp ltd ec-1000 with seymour duncans
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Any other suggestions, or advices? I know it's been a while, but now that I've settle some stuff, I'm getting that guitar soon :P
That link doesn't work, but I guessed it was about an ibanez s5ex1 :P

Schecter, maybe. Jackson, I'm not sure, never really tried them... By the way, I have tiny hands and I heard that jackson necks are a bit bigger than other necks.
Quote by kevC4
That link doesn't work, but I guessed it was about an ibanez s5ex1 :P

HOLY SHIT FUCK!!! HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!?!
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Well I have small hand's as well, when I had my Jackson( 1st guitar ) I didn't really pay attention to the neck size. Now when I got my Schecter I noticed the neck was a little bigger but I loved it, now when I play my Jackson the neck is just to thin for my liking. For Schecter I would look at the hellraiser series or custom series for Jackson I would look in your price range as they do have some great guitar's as well.
When I say tiny hands, it's like, realy tiny :P I'll try to check them out. I saw ltd ec-1000, would the deluxe version(vintage black) be alright? I found someone selling one for a good price (750$)
pics of hands?

just go try out the guitars yourself though, we cant tell you what will work for your hands
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
The store I went didn't have great jacksons, but the schecters really impressed me :P . They didn't have any LTDs, but I'm going to another shop today try some. I really like the knob taps for the pickups and it feels great for me, so I don't really see where an LTD could beat it or any other guitar. But I'm not 100% sure, when it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true xP. Any critics on the c-1 hellraiser or any advice on any other guitars?

And les paul shaped guitars just aren't for my hands xP (for the higher notes).
schecters are made in the same korean factory as prs se's are. schecters are probably the best guitar for the money that you can buy (reverands are nice too). i have a 2010 amer standard strat and a 2011 lp studio, and the neck/action of my schecter c1 hellraiser is better than both. also the build quality is better than the fender (not the gibson tho) and a c1 or c1 hellraiser is about half the price of the fender. or consider a prs se. spectacular guitars.
Last edited by politenessman at Aug 6, 2011,
How about a Fender Strat. They are quite versatile and can be used for the purposes you have stated.

ron666
After trying a bunch of guitars, I fell in love with this LTD H-401 FM. After trying it, I couldn't feel comfortable with other necks like the hellraiser's. The only thing on it that doesn't look reliable, though I didn't have any problems with it yet, are the tuners. Other than that, I feel like it's a pretty good guitar. Any opinions on it?
Ibanez RG1451 maybe? Love that thing. Or Esp Ltd ec-1000?
Not to rep my guitar, but if you can get a used PRS SE Torero, you CANNOT go wrong. It's neck through and has GREAT upper fret access.

Having said that, the LTD you mentioned is also a good guitar, so if you want that and you like it, go for it .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
the lower end jackson pro series should fullfill all your needs, I own a RR3 which actually sounds like it would fullfill your needs (if you don't mind a lincensed FR that is)

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
look at schecter C-1's. They are great guitars for there price and are very well equipped in my opinion, and they seem to be catching on with a lot of modern guitarists