New dubstep track up, a remix of Ozzy Ozbournes "Mr. Crowley" which samples pop rock band the Cardigans cover. Pretty cool beans stuff here if I must say. On the brosteppy side, but what can I say, Americans are obnoxious.

Pick your poison...

Streaming:
http://www.reverbnation.com/schwarzwald

Download:
http://soundcloud.com/schwarzwald-1

Tips appreciated, might've slacked on the mixing/mastering but MEH
Dude, All Dubstep is Brosteppy.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
About a minute in, so far, sick as FUCK!
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
so far i dont hear anything that resembles mr. crowley

edit: except for a chick saying the words "mr.crowley"
Last edited by rickyj at May 9, 2011,
gquady09: It'd seem so sometimes!

And thanks shirate!

Rickyj, the only real comparison is the lyrics, it's a remix of the Cardigans acapella cover of the song, which is fairly different than the original in the first place. But other than that it's pretty much not comparable.
Upon listening to it a couple more times, I'd suggest bringing the vocals forward just a tad, they get lost at times, which I know isn't main focus, but it'd still be nice. Also, the fade in, level wise is a wee bit too slow. Don't fade from 0, have it start with a little volume.

Also, I'm listening to "There's a Fire", sick stuff. I would make sure in this one that the voice in the beginning, where everything comes in to make sure the voice can be heard clearly.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Last edited by Shirate at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Shirate
Upon listening to it a couple more times, I'd suggest bringing the vocals forward just a tad, they get lost at times, which I know isn't main focus, but it'd still be nice. Also, the fade in, level wise is a wee bit too slow. Don't fade from 0, have it start with a little volume.

Also, I'm listening to "There's a Fire", sick stuff. I would make sure in this one that the voice in the beginning, where everything comes in to make sure the voice can be heard clearly.

will do! I've been thinking about reordering the way I go about the final mix, as I always start with the bass, then goto the kick, snare, rest of the perc, then the pads, then the lead synths, and the vocals are always kind of tacked on last and usually mixed fairly sloppily. Only because I still haven't found a proper groove with their frequencies nor the volume ratio with the rest of the things goin on. Anyways appreciate it, you have anything up so I can return the favor?
Quote by Sami Philadelph
will do! I've been thinking about reordering the way I go about the final mix, as I always start with the bass, then goto the kick, snare, rest of the perc, then the pads, then the lead synths, and the vocals are always kind of tacked on last and usually mixed fairly sloppily. Only because I still haven't found a proper groove with their frequencies nor the volume ratio with the rest of the things goin on. Anyways appreciate it, you have anything up so I can return the favor?

Don't have anything uploaded atm. Damn, I wish I had as much skill with my synths as you do, that shit is sick. You should do a straight dubstep remix of Rolling in the Deep, all the vocal lines with that damn vicious beat underneath. Almost all of the dubstep mixes just don't sound nasty enough. Seriously though dude, your shit is vicious. Love it.

Btw, best remix of the Adele I've found so far. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHERkl9qvC0

I think you could do better.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

The drop on that bass is somethin' serious! I'll definitely look into covering that whole song, Its one of the few songs stuck in my head that I'm not necessarily trying to get out. Thanks for compliments though man, I'm really just feelin' around. If you get anything up let me know, or want to collab or anything like that. What programs/hardware are you using?
Quote by Sami Philadelph
The drop on that bass is somethin' serious! I'll definitely look into covering that whole song, Its one of the few songs stuck in my head that I'm not necessarily trying to get out. Thanks for compliments though man, I'm really just feelin' around. If you get anything up let me know, or want to collab or anything like that. What programs/hardware are you using?

Right now I just have pro tools and Reason. I forgot, I have some stuff I did in an Electronic Music class with Logic uploaded here

Metal piano symphony and Orchestral Rock are the 2 EM projects. The other 2 are incomplete acoustic tracks.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Last edited by Shirate at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Shirate
Right now I just have pro tools and Reason. I forgot, I have some stuff I did in an Electronic Music class with Logic uploaded here

Metal piano symphony and Orchestral Rock are the 2 EM projects. The other 2 are incomplete acoustic tracks.

Are the orchestral instruments synth? I dabbled with trying to make classical music for awhile. I used Miroslav Philharmonik. I'd recommend it if you don't already have it. Metal Orchestra sounds good though. Where are you taking classes at?
I returned the favor! I remember you from some of your earlier work. Can you describe exactly what you mean by harsh? Do you mean the instruments themselves, or the mixing? are certain frequencies sticking out? Too loud? distortion? I'm just trying to see what I need to fix.
ok goin in on this

Interesting. Let's see where this goes. Nice pads, we're floaoaatttinggg.

LET IT DROP KICK DRUM!! Ok this is pretty fun. The sample feels a bit out of place admittedly. Ahh, maybe not it kinda finding a home. OK now we jus dubbin on. We say it fits the genre and all that . It doesn't really have a FRESH idea, but that not really the point of dubbin. Good job for adding to the cannon.

c4c show luv

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440810
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Are the orchestral instruments synth? I dabbled with trying to make classical music for awhile. I used Miroslav Philharmonik. I'd recommend it if you don't already have it. Metal Orchestra sounds good though. Where are you taking classes at?

Mesa Community College in AZ. I couldn't really find a kcik or orch bass drum that gave me enough low end, so I use thunder strikes lol. It works well though
All the strings are samples that came with Logic in our computer lab.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Last edited by Shirate at May 10, 2011,
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Word, that's crazy good. I goto MTSU in Nashville. We have a pretty good recording program. Is recording your major?

It is indeed
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Cheers for teh crit

There is a bit too much going on after the drop, I think. The lead wobble is a bit overpowered - probably a bit too much clashing in the frequencies. The lick is nice, but pretty hard to hear tbh. The vocals work, but are a bit undefined in the mix.

The drums pack a great punch though, a really nice beat going on there.

It's a good track, just make that lead bass much more dominant and cutting.
I personally don't really like anything with "Dubstep" in the name, but you seem to know what you're doing. It seems like there is way too much going on throughout the track. I think the vocal levels are good as is. Very interesting to hear a remix of a cover of the original in a completely different style/genre. Sounded very clean too.

If you have the time for C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1441385