Poll: Which double neck Tele?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which double neck Tele?
12 string guitar/6 string guitar
13 68%
8 string mandolin/6 string guitar
6 32%
Voters: 19.
I've found an online store that sells ready to put together guitar kits. They're super cheap, and I'm going to get one for a bit of fun, hopefully it'll even be good enough to play

I found out that they can get me a double neck Telecaster (if I'm going to get a cheap guitar, I may as well make it as crazy as possible), which comes in two different variations:
1: 12 string/6 string guitar necks (with "Gibson" style headstocks) with a basswood body
2: 8 string mandolin/6 string guitar necks (with "Fender" style guitar headstock) with a basswood body with a flamed maple top

Which would you recommend I get? Both are the same price, and come with everything I need to put them together (bar paint). Should I go for the crazy mandolin one, which has a better body, or go for a more useable 12 string?

Both guitars can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=225906650756914&set=a.206242042723375.63974.206131472734432&type=1&theater
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
12 and 6 dude.

12 strings are so bad ass. buy a mandolin separately
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
I think the mandolin could be a bit of a gimmick. I mean, I could get some really cool stuff out of it. Or I could never touch it. 12 strings have always seemed like too much hassle to me, and if I really want those sorts of sounds I could emulate it with my Whammy pedal.

But I'll get one of them.. I'll just need to sleep on it a bit.
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
i would get the 12 string, you can get really similar tones out of it as you can a mandolin and you won' have to relearn abunch of patterns and stuff to do deal with the mandolin being tuned in straight fifths.
no sir away a papaya war is on