Page 1 of 3
I didn't see any threads about it when I searched so I figured I'd post it.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-fas-axe-fx-ii-2.html

Three years of R&D at Fractal Audio Systems have yielded our next generation product, the Axe-Fx™ II. With twice the power of our former flagship "Ultra," the Axe-Fx II unveils new state-of-the-art algorithms and an innovative array of great hardware and software features and improvements. This all-in-one preamp/effects processor stunningly recreates great guitar signal chains—stompboxes, amps, cabs, mics, studio effects, and more—with unprecedented power, flexibility and control. As the successor to what many believe to be some of the best-sounding processors ever created, our new arrival takes "real amp tone and feel" to the next level, offering the latest word in our commentary on restoring digital to its rightful place as the superior solution for guitar processing. Never willing to rest on our laurels, we are proud to present the Axe-Fx II.

• Twice the Processing Power
  • G2 Amp Modeling™ with Virtual Vacuum Tube Technology
  • Improved Speaker Emulation
  • Easier-to-Use Front Panel Features
  • Axe-Fx II/Computer Integration with Onboard USB
  • New I/O Capabilities and with Even Less Noise
  • New FX Processing Features and Enhancements

The Axe-Fx Ultra was already really awesome, and this has twice the processing power? Sounds cool. Discuss.
well it still only uses 1 processor for the amp modelling and 1 for the effects...

If you only get the axe for amp sims, then its not much more powerful....
Quote by bogg808
well it still only uses 1 processor for the amp modelling and 1 for the effects...

If you only get the axe for amp sims, then its not much more powerful....

Well, it says one processes amp simulation while the other processes effects and system tasks, so I'd imagine they have a lot more headroom to work with as far as being able to make it do more without being detrimental to the quality of the processing.

Twice the RAM isn't too shabby, either.
wheyyyyyyyyyy cheap axefx 1's
Also stick it up yeee axefx fanboys that said the first one was an investment and nothing better will come along for years
Hey, I was just recently saying I anticipate they were going to release the Axe Fx: RAPE, that'll rape your ears with it's realism and real time Steve vai emulation...

But in all seriousness, it really would be significantly more powerful, since before, there was 1 processor for effects, cab sims, system stuff, amp sims, all of it

Now, they have a processor JUST for amp sims, so maybe not quite twice the power, but I reckon pretty close

Clips will be interesting
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by coolstoryangus
Also stick it up yeee axefx fanboys that said the first one was an investment and nothing better will come along for years

5 years is a pretty good run IMO
yey i was on the waiting list for a ultra so means ill now get the axe fx 2 instead lucky i didnt get the ultra yet
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Must have...

Hoping the waiting list wont be too daunting over here in Europe
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Hope this means Axefx 1s will pop up cheaper, cos I could really do with one.

The fractal forums are being flooded with cheap Ultras atm and I predict the prices are just going to drop lower. Wouldn't be surprised to see <1000$ Standards
i hope they become the madden football of processors...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 9, 2011,
G2 Amp Modeling™ with Virtual Vacuum Tube Technology

Wow, they even made up a term to help the transition from tubes for us tube snobs.

Now if Tube Depot would just start carrying 'virtual vacuum tubes.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 9, 2011,
ZOMG!
This makes it extremely difficult for me to choose which amp I should get now...
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
none of the sholz rockmans are as good as the first one.

just sayin'.
I roll a care check.

I fail.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by gregs1020
i hope they become the madden football of processors...

more deals on great tube amps because only corksniffing tube snobs who think they found the fountain of youth buy these things in the first place.

So you're saying the new ones are going for 2200,, but the old ones are available at gamestop for $5.99? Sounds about right.
Why is everyone being so critical? They had nearly 90% resell value on the used market for over 5 years...
I can't really think of much else that does.

The old axe's are by no means obsolete.. Does my standard still sound amazing? Surprisingly the release of the new model has no bearing on mine except shit resale..

Do I want one?
Yes please.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Why is everyone being so critical?

Surprisingly the release of the new model has no bearing on mine except shit resale..

Do I want one?
Yes please.

you just outlined why we are being critical.

as the new ones get released your current one takes the hit in value. and now you want the new one.

do you think it will be 5 more years for the next gen? seeing as how they were unnoticed by most until a couple years ago i highly doubt it.

but hey they are great for what they are and what they do. they just aren't for me.

and who is to say your old standard won't sound better anyway?
Quote by coolstoryangus
Can you overclock the axefx for better toan?

Yes but you lose some clean headroom.

I think what people are saying is that with these the newer ones are better, technically speaking. With tube amps its all subjective and generally newer isn't always better. If you have an old tube amp and a new one comes out there is no technical reason to go get the new one, unless you prefer the tone. With these computers the newer ones will have capabilities the old ones simply did not.

Though this is sort of true of tube amps; look at the Mesa Mark series. Each one has piled on more and more features. Its just that some still prefer the older ones, so they haven't become obsolete. I guess the real test will be if the overall sound of a more powerful processor is better or not. As gregs said, it may not be.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Wow, I wasn't expecting that for a long time.

+1, just heard about this from my amp tech. Looks interesting.

The USB connectivity alone is worth the extra $200 IMO. Can't wait till Fractal gets these in stock so I can try one out

Quote by mespinos
Why is everyone being so critical? They had nearly 90% resell value on the used market for over 5 years...

Yeah, I have no idea why though. I've seen ones that were marked as "new" on eBay (which were clearly opened to take pictures, thus they're not really "new" anymore), sell for $200+ more than a brand new one, direct from Fractal. Makes no sense to me!

Quote by tubetime86
If you have an old tube amp and a new one comes out there is no technical reason to go get the new one, unless you prefer the tone. With these computers the newer ones will have capabilities the old ones simply did not.

Though this is sort of true of tube amps; look at the Mesa Mark series.

Very good point.

Except for the fact that the Mark series has progressively gotten worse as it's "upgraded"

That's one reason I haven't bought one yet though. Computers become outdated so quickly now days... If they were able to make the Axe "upgradable" by being able to easily swap out RAM, processors, etc in it, to make room for improvements, they would instantly become the coolest thing ever. I'd really like to see a company treat a processor for what it is, a computer, and allow hardware upgrades, like a computer. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 9, 2011,
That could be true of these, but I doubt it.

This thread is obsolete. The new one just came out. It has twice the processing speed.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
lolololol it's like when the iphone got multitasking. i was like "wait....i thought that was a standard smartphone feature?"
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by coolstoryangus
It's been five years bro. Lasts about as long as a car, in terms of freshness.
I like where this is going..

1.) Axe FX II comes out
2.) Everyone who has Axe FX Ultra/Standard will sell theirs for a lower price to afford Axe FX II.
3.) People interested in buying original Axe FX will be able to buy cheaper used units and will want to sell their tube amps.
4.) New Axe owners will sell tube amps for cheap.

Lesson learned: New Axe FX = Cheaper higher end tube amps
Quote by Pat_s1t
It's been five years bro. Lasts about as long as a car, in terms of freshness.

Again i know but they didnt blow up until the past 2 years i bet they'll be releasing new models at the rate of apple now.
$2200 for just the preamp? Screw that, I'll just buy a laptop with a dual core, Reaper, a cheap interface, some good amp sims, and then run my guitar into the computer and the computer into the PA system. Hell of a lot cheaper.

"Virtual Vacuum Tube Technology" Give me a break.
Maybe one or two generations more and I'll grab one. Like MC said, even though the Mark series didn't get better as it progressed, the only thing that computer technology will do is move forward. A Standard for $1000 or less, though? *goes to eBay*
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
lolololololollolololololl

there is an axe fx on ebay for 2600 BIN
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Page 1 of 3