I own a Yamaha F370.When I play the 6th E string with the thumb,I hear a vibrating noise at the corresponding tuning key.
Even when my guitar hits other objects accidentally,that vibrating sound comes.When I hold the whole tuning part tight with my hand and try,the sound doesn't come.
WHy is this happening?HOw do I fix this?
Yeah if you just tighten the screw it should fix it. I had the same problem, then I was putting some tuners on a guitar I was building and I realised what the problem was. Seemed so complecated before I knew what to do, but it's quite simple.
Hey.
I had tried that.But the screw behind is so tiny and of odd size.I couldn't get a perfect sized screw driver.So I had to use a slightly bigger one to push,lock and turn(mainly by friction than interlocking).I thought I had tightened it.Problem persisted.In the process I had worn out the cavity of the screw (the part where the screw driver fits in),and now it isn't possible to tighten the screw
It's probably the washer on the surface of the headstock. Tighten the nut around the tuning post.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Quote by RockinSince1993
It's probably the washer on the surface of the headstock. Tighten the nut around the tuning post.

WOW.Yes.It is pretty loose(on the 5th string though).

I am need of urgent help here!!!!!

How tight should I tighten the nut?As tight as it can be?
I tightened it quite hard and the pitch of the string also goes higher.
Am I messing with the instrument?
Of course I can tune it down,but will it screw up the guitar in the long run?

Okay now what precisely should I do?
It's fine. You probably just turned the post a bit when you tightened the nut (which happens anyways when you turn the machine head). Just tune it back down and it'll be fine.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
Any time \m/
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals