Alright so I have right now a condenser mic and a cad dynamic mic. Both are pretty good and I was just wondering if you guys would have any tips on recording drums utilizing these! (even if it's just that i should get more mics)

Thanks!!

Nick
If just those two, I'd put the dynamic on the kick and use the condenser for an overhead.
What suppositron said is generally best, although depending on the kit (size), quality of the player (how consistent his hits are) and the genre of music (maybe not best for metal and really fast-kick stuff) I would try this, which I picked up from uni last year.

Use the condenser as mono overhead, as before, but now get the dynamic and locate the airhole/vent in the top of the kick drum (usually next to the two tom-mounts, but slightly further forward and centred). Now angle the mic slightly across the hole (towards the snare) and down slightly if the drummer plays with the toms low to the kit, and position the mic so the approximate point of the capsule is roughly halfway across this soundhole.

I'd take a picture if I could, but essentially the vent creates a high-pressure burst of air as the energy/pressure is forced through the small vent (sort of like a hosepipe, if you imagine how making the hole at the end smaller increases the velocity/pressure of the water as it leaves the hose) and gives a bit more attack and punch to the kick, while retaining the low end (which is more omni-directional anyway). And as the mic is above the kick, rather than in front of/in the kick drum, you pick up more of the snare's direct attack and the toms too, which can create a more balanced sound (in my opinion) when the two mics are levelled, as opposed to one kick spot mic and mono OH.

Try both methods though and see which gets best results for your situation.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I had some decent results a few weeks ago with a two mic drum set up. It was an akg perception 120 and an SM58. Basically we used the AKG as the overhead, pointed it more towards the snare. We then moved the crash cymbal away from the high hat and next to the ride cymbal as it was coming through too loud. I had to hit the hats a little quieter than I'd have liked, but it turned out alright. I then put the SM58 on the kick drum. It wasn't at all professional sounding, but you could hear everything reasonably well and we only had 2 mic inputs!

Bottom line is to experiment with your set up, the more you do, the happier you'll be with the end result!
Yeah, the guys have pretty much covered it up there.

If you can get a couple more mics then youl be much better suited;

Get yourself another condenser and a kick drum mic.

Condensers for overheads (left and right)
Dynamic for snare,
Kick for... Well... Kick

Can get decent results from such a simple set-up
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...