Page 1 of 4

All I see there is a potentially tasty meal. Why are some people scared of them? Because they are babies or what?
gtfo

Spiders are scary just cause they are

That picture was entirely unnecessary
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I don't fear them cause I can kill them

*sees pic* KILL IT WITH FIRE!!
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
A phobia (from the Greek: φόβος,Phobos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding despite the fear, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia

There you go.
Quote by byob_soad2
maybe a snack. It's not THAT big when it comes to eating it.

It would make a nice lunch, yeah probably not enough for a full dinner.
Woah. Don't push his bike over, man. It's just a spider.

OT: It's a common 'irrational fear'. I don't think it's a phobia at all but many people refer to it as a phobia.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Jesus titty-fucking Christ, it's body looks like a skull. Are you sure that's not a Skulltula?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by robhc
**** the big ones, all spiders a scary as all hell.

I recommend you hunt and eat a spider(srs) a good way you can get over your fear.
****ing health and mana bars.

Seriously though, they're just creepy. Eight long, hairy legs, eight glassy eyes, slowly crawling towards you...
Quote by PeZ546
Who in their right mind WOULDN'T be be afraid of that fucker??

me?

stand on it, catch it in a glass and put it outside?

unless it's on your face or something, in which case it's slightly startling, they are not to be afraid of.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

TS, edit your post and remove the tags. You may not be afraid of them because you're big and badass, but it's a common phobia.

I recommend you hunt and eat a spider(srs) a good way you can get over your fear.

Easier said than done for people that fear them.
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 9, 2011,
Quote by PeZ546
Who in their right mind WOULDN'T be be afraid of that fucker??

We are much better equipped to kill these spiders than a lot of other animals that eat them regularly. There really isn't any reason to fear them.
Spiders are awesome.

I do NOT understand why people are such pussies about them.

Cockroaches on the other hand freak the shit out of me.
I don't understand the fear of spiders. All you need is a shoe or a book to defeat them.

Then again people probably don't understand my fear of snakes.
Quote by phlip999
****ing health and mana bars.

Seriously though, they're just creepy. Eight long, hairy legs, eight glassy eyes, storming towards you in a lightning speed...

There, I fixed that for you.
And yes, they are terrorfying beyond end!
Quote by Eric_Fail
We are much better equipped to kill these spiders than a lot of other animals that eat them regularly. There really isn't any reason to fear them.

Hence why phobias are, by definition, irrational.
Quote by unet
Spiders are awesome.

I do NOT understand why people are such pussies about them.

Cockroaches on the other hand freak the shit out of me.

I think spiders are awesome to, but they creep me out. However i will happily stomp a cockroach. I do have a grudging respect for their resiliency however.
I'm gonna have nightmares now....thanks.

I fear anything that can move faster than me. Probably just 1 too many scary movies.
Quote by Greenie_777
I don't understand the fear of spiders. All you need is a shoe or a book to defeat them.

Then again people probably don't understand my fear of snakes.

Snakes is a lot more understandable, I'm not afraid of them but they(well you know yourself what species are harmless) are far more dangerous and harder to defend against.
Quote by timlikeHim
I'm gonna have nightmares now....thanks.

I fear anything that can move faster than me. Probably just 1 too many scary movies.

Are you afraid of an impala?

Quote by Eric_Fail
Snakes is a lot more understandable, I'm not afraid of them but they(well you know yourself what species are harmless) are far more dangerous and harder to defend against.

Even if I know a snake is harmless I'm not going to go in the same room as it unless it's in a tank.
Quote by Eric_Fail
It would make a nice lunch, yeah probably not enough for a full dinner.

This thing though, dinner for the whole family

Quote by laid-to-waste
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_wandering_spider

I do not see how people do not fear spiders. Little ones, sure, but if somebody doesn't even find this picture/article as a threat, you're the ones being irrational.

Thing is if I see that running along the floor at me I just stamp on it and it's ****ed.

^ now that thing I would run like a little girl.

Also if these little kids can do it with twigs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4WmE-joMQ
Last edited by Greenie_777 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Greenie_777
Thing is if I see that running along the floor at me I just stamp on it and it's ****ed.

Wandering spiders are so-called because they wander the jungle floor at night, rather than residing in a lair or maintaining a web. During the day they hide inside termite mounds, under fallen logs and rocks, and in banana plants and bromeliads. P. nigriventer is known to hide in dark and moist places in or near human dwellings.

You probably won't even see it seen as it wanders at night. Also, this thing has the power to ruin your fucking life from a boner:

Aside from causing intense pain, the venom of the spider can also cause priapism in humans. Erections resulting from the bite are uncomfortable, can last for many hours and can lead to impotence. A component of the venom (Tx2-6) is being studied for use in erectile dysfunction treatments.
I've you've been watching this new TV show called Monster Bug Wars then you would have some healthy fear for large spiders. Those things are badass.

That thing a couple of posts up is a coconut crab, which kills a few people a year on various beaches when it sneaks up on them and crushes their skulls.
Quote by byob_soad2
This thing though, dinner for the whole family

That's a crab.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by laid-to-waste
You probably won't even see it seen as it wanders at night. Also, this thing has the power to ruin your fucking life from a boner:

Yea but If I was in the jungle I'd be in a netted hammock at night and If I was walking it wouldn't just run after me to get me.

Not like a snake which If I actually trod on it would bite me instantly.

Worlds biggest snake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT86xaR7ByE
Last edited by Greenie_777 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Maybe something to do with our pasts?
It's theorized that spiders were absolutely huuuuuuuuuuuuuge back in the day. So they would have been dangerous to us.

The general rule of thumb is the smaller the spider the more potent the venom.
Quote by Greenie_777
Yea but If I was in the jungle I'd be in a netted hammock at night and If I was walking it wouldn't just run after me to get me.

Not like a snake which If I actually trod on it would bite me instantly.

Worlds biggest snake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT86xaR7ByE

The thing about constrictor snakes is that you'd be unconscious, possibly dead, within a minute. So it is relatively painless. Unless you wake up while the snake is eating you... I imagine that would be quite unpleasant.
They look a bit intimidating, but they don't really bother me. I just put them in a glass and put them outside if my mum freaks out and is like "kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it kill it"
Quote by Greenie_777

Also if these little kids can do it with twigs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra4WmE-joMQ

That's not a spider man, it's a crab.
One thing I know about big crabs is...they're slow as hell.
Also, those kids are pretty bad-ass

TS, even though I still have a fear of spiders...I consider them the bee's knees
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqeBtrpk3EA&feature=related
Click to watch a spider humiliate a grasshopper!
Page 1 of 4