I don't know if any of you guys follow the Giro d'Italia, but I figured this news is important enough. 26-year old Belgian cyclist Wouter Weylandt has died as a result of a crash during today's stage 3 in the Giro d'Italia.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/may/09/wouter-weylandt-giro-ditalia

I'm a big cycling fan and this is just terrible. I saw it live on tv and thought it looked pretty bad, but holy sh*t, I wasn't expecting this.

Thoughts? Comments?
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
That's really sad...I feel bad for his family =/
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
inb4 cool story bro
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I live in Belgium. Just heard the news. He was one of the most sympathetic cyclists out there.
Thank you for making this thread man
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
holy shit this happened today??

I was watching the race live for a bit around an hour ago, thats so ****ed up. If i had kept watching i might have seen it

unreal
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Read about the fall earlier on, I was really hoping he would make it

Unfortunately, when you go 90kmh on a bike, accidents are bound to happen.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
I was watching it live as well, horrific images. My thoughts go out to his family.

Quote by Drakathan
inb4 cool story bro

Dont be a dick.
It's especially sad considering that his wife was going to give birth in September, and the fact that he won the 3rd stage of the Giro last year (exactly a year ago I think).

Footage of the crash shows he actually may have broken his neck, among other injuries. Horrible way to go

RIP Wouter
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Last edited by HollishGuy at May 9, 2011,
&#%$#%@#$# I hate it when that happens.
Condolences.
Smile when you say that.
&#%$#%@#$# I hate it when that happens.
Condolences.
Smile when you say that.
Man I saw it on TV today... I'm a big fan of cycling too. Wouter Weylandt was sympathetic, professional and a great sprinter.... Such a shame.

The TV production was a big fail too, might I add. They were showing Weylandt's lifeless body on TV for way too long. I hope the producer gets fired.

RIP
I only really follow the Tour de France but anything like this is terrible for the sport and, it goes without saying, a personal tragedy. Thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P.

02theEdit: Just noticed

Quote by HollishGuy
It's especially sad considering that his wife was going to give birth in September

This makes it a thousand times worse.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by boycew02 at May 9, 2011,
I tried to think of something to say about this, but I can't. There are no words for things like this.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
The Giro d'Italia passed right in my town today.
I wonder if this happened close by..

OT: That's terribly sad, especially 'cause of the girlfriend

R.I.P Wouter.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise