I have a schecter hellraiser with the 81tw/89 setup. my problem is that when I change from the 89(neck) to the 81(bridge), at random moments the 81 dies. I play around with the pickup switch a few times and the sound comes back, but sometimes with noticably lower output. Ive been told its a wiring problem, but everything seems to be well soldered in the guitar. And the guitar sounds good most of the time. This only happens randomly when switching pickups, and it only happens to the 81tw.
did you check the wiring under the pickups? It does sound like a wiring problem, try pulling out the pickup and making sure the plug is seated all the way into the pins on the backside of the pickup.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
oh didnt actually think about that. Is that possible with to do without removing the week old elixers, the guitar has a floyd.
hmm it would be tough... mine isn't a trem system (I have the regular hellraiser) but one time I just loosened the strings a ton and was able to pull em out, not sure if it would work with a trem. Just take it slow and don't force anything too much I guess. you'll have to remove the 4 screws holding the plastic mount for the pickup, that whole thing will pull straight up and hopefully you can get enough space to at least look to see if the plug is connected securely.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok