I need a good reference chart that correlates a std. notation bar with guitar tab, but I don't seem to have any luck finding just what I'm looking for.

I saw a really cool one in a guitar store but it was like 12 beans, but I figured I could find something comparable on the net for free.

You would have my eternal gratitude, or at least 3 weeks or so, whichever came first.

Edit: N/m I found this. The chart was incomplete so I had to edit it using only MS paint but I guess it get's the job done. The layout is pretty brilliant actually.

A quick glance will tell you that the bottom black line on a treble clef will be the 12th fret on the low E, 7th Fret on the A, or 2nd Fret on the D.

I dunno why they can't include something like that in every beginners guitar book, if so I probably would have been reading notation ages ago ... /rant

http://truefire.com/blog/guitar-lessons/learn-how-to-read-standard-notation-chart/
Last edited by Deaddog at May 9, 2011,
use guitar pro/tux guitar? as you input tab it shows the standard notation form and vice versa
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
use guitar pro/tux guitar? as you input tab it shows the standard notation form and vice versa

This. Tux guitar is free. Guitar pro however is not.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
that only works if youre in a minor / c major surely
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
get off tab and diagrams now, they'll only hinder you as a sightreader. get a basic book, and start in the open position, once thats comfortable, try positions 3, 5, 7, 9, 10 and 12 (in that order, progressively, over a year or two).
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)