My acoustic guitar has been sitting in the dust for a long time, but i recently started playing it again, because i want to learn to sing and play some tunes. I'm decent at singing while playing, as long as its not really tecnichal.
So i need tips on good tunes to learn to play and sing, stuff to play on parties etc, and stuff that i can play for a girl

And i'm by no means some douche that picked up the guitar to impress girls, i just mainly play electric guitar and it sucks that i don't know any kind of tunes that works great for those kind of situations :P
My favorites: Good Riddance(Green Day), Broken(Seether), Outside(Staind), Swing Life Away(Rise Against). That should get you started
Muse - Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Starlight, Unintended (with a good bit of practice)
Dom, look... I Caught a PWOPER fish
Hmm well depends how much you're willing to practice.
If you're looking for something challenging there's broken by seether, or road to nowhere by bullet for my valentine. I just find those really satisfying to play.

If you want to play something for a girl, Just The Way You Are by: Bruno Mars could work for you. (stereotypical and I personally don't find it too satisfying but could work)

And if you're looking for some faster simple acoustic pop-punk stuff just for kicks. I happen to like some paramore and all time low acoustic stuff just because I have some friends who like that kind of stuff and its just fun to jam with them on it.

Oh and Swing Life Away By: Rise Against
This song is one of my favorites to play, its definitely a great "party" song that people can sing along to. Definitely check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4G-nGYxWW0

Also:
Taking Back Sunday - One Eighty By Summer, Cute Without the "E"
Brand New - Anything, Play Crack The Sky, The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
Coheed & Cambria - Welcome Home, Delirium Trigger
Also, look at some Beatles songs and a band called Tigers Jaw
Acoustic version of I c*m blood. The girls love that stuff.

But seriously, try Wonderwall. You'll get laid.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz

But seriously, try Wonderwall. You'll get laid.

agreed.
Quote by AllenHB
Seriously you're thinking about music theory all wrong. It doesn't tell you how to write, it' examines what's already written.
Quote by SupaScoopar
My acoustic guitar has been sitting in the dust for a long time, but i recently started playing it again, because i want to learn to sing and play some tunes. I'm decent at singing while playing, as long as its not really tecnichal.
So i need tips on good tunes to learn to play and sing, stuff to play on parties etc, and stuff that i can play for a girl

And i'm by no means some douche that picked up the guitar to impress girls, i just mainly play electric guitar and it sucks that i don't know any kind of tunes that works great for those kind of situations :P

wish i could play and sing at the same time, for some bizarre reason can only sing and play when the strum pattern is ddu udu weird

maggie mae is a good one to sing and play to(not suprisingly i use ddu udu as the strumming pattern for most of it)
Quote by KingHenrik1967
Muse - Hysteria, Plug In Baby, Starlight, Unintended (with a good bit of practice)

Umm... what?

Beatles are good, All Along the Watchtower, Save Tonight, Mr Jones, Under the Bridge, most pop songs actually.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Lots of simple folk tunes like Abdul Abulbul Amir (can't name many more as I don't listen to much folk but generally enjoy it).

If you want something a bit more involved you can play some solo guitar blues (like Robert Johnson) or you could make some busier arrangements of songs yourself.
What I Got (Sublime)
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Suggest a song thread.

Just find out what she likes and play it. Failing that play Wonderwall like mentioned above

*Closed*
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud