Hey y'all! I have a hard time telling if the guitars in this song are with overdrive or with distortion
Right after the drum intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDTkxV-X2w

It is 2 guitars playing at the same time.
I know the pedals used were Visual Sound Jekyll&Hyde (OD and Distortion).

But which did they use ???!

Thanks !!!!
It sounds fairly clean, maybe some slight OD.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
To me it sounds like its 1 clean guitar playing over a 2nd guitar played with very low-gain distortion that is quiet and low in the mix. I would have said it sounds clean too, but under it you can hear a little bit of that bright scratchy sound that comes with distortion that has only a little gain (and is compressed maybe?). It is too bright and sterile to be OD in my opinion.

That being said it would be near impossible to replicate the sound with only one guitar, so if you were playing live I'd say just keep it clean.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Thanks a lot, so the guitar that you can barely hear has a slight distortion and the other one is clean. Are you sure there "main guitar" has no overdrive ?

When I play the chords of the main guitar it sounds too bright !

Or do you mean clean with slight tube distortion from the amp ?
Well it has some of the warmth of a tube amp, but I cant really hear any breakup or anything so I'd say just keep it clean. Mess around with the EQ to fatten up your sound if its too bright and thin. Don't forget that you have a tone dial on your guitar as well as an EQ on your amp :P

EDIT: Also, there isnt any law saying that you CAN'T play it with OD and distortion...not everything has to be exactly the same. Screw around with it and figure out what you like
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Last edited by ReChord at May 9, 2011,
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!
It helped me a lot! And I like learning about guitar and amp settings I find it quite fascinating.

Did you like the song by the way ?