Sup people.

I'm in need of a new decent sized gig amp. I was thinking maybe a Peavey Bandit? Any other suggestions? I'm currently running a Spider III 30W which - quite frankly - isn't loud enough for gigs. Fine for practises, but gigs it's not quite cutting it. Gigs are normally pub sized, nothing much bigger than that. I'd prefer not to spend more than £200 really, so it's looking like a used amp could be in order. Looking for a good, fat, bassy tone. Kind of Dimebag-esque. Nearest city is Edinburgh. Guitar-wise I have an Adam Black Libra LSR that I'm using most just now for gigs but I also own a BC Rich Warlock. Play a combination of old school metal, modern metal and post-punk.

Much appreciated!
Last edited by JammyDodgers? at May 9, 2011,
^ listen to him
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
$200 isn't going to have much pull if you're looking new. Try to find some used stuff, and sell your old amp to add funds. I bought a B-52 LS-100 head and Marshall MG Cab for about $400.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
This is very true, I do need a job - nevermind a new job. But at 16, it's not all that easy. I maybe should have given reasons for my poor budget.
Quote by Devopast
$200 isn't going to have much pull if you're looking new.

Yeah, I'm going used I think. GBP as well, not dollars. I saw a Peavey Bandit in a shop window in Edinburgh for about £150 I think, didn't get a chance to play it though. Anybody used one before? They any good?
maybe sell any your least favorite guitar and some old junk you dont use on ebay to creep the budget up?
Quote by Lee Makky
maybe sell any your least favorite guitar and some old junk you dont use on ebay to creep the budget up?

Considering ditching the Warlock yeah.
Quote by 1201ZJ

PS Dime's tone is all but bassy.

he's already scooped teh **** out of the mids, you cant tell me he scooped everything but the highs...
Quote by rickyj
he's already scooped teh **** out of the mids, you cant tell me he scooped everything but the highs...

His tone is all highs, is essentially what I said, yes.
If you want a dimebags tone try out an randall rg100. Its whats he used you might find a head for 200 but you so you will need a cab. So your going to need to spend money.
Quote by 1201ZJ
His tone is all highs, is essentially what I said, yes.

Dime has the screechiest tone I've ever heard someone consider good.

On topic, look into amps that have decent cleans (usually cheaper than amps that focus heavy on the distortion, barring botique amps), and get a good pedal. For what it sounds like you're doing, that should be enough.

Also, and I don't know where you're playing, but do they have a P.A. you could run through? Just mic up that little spider and you'll be heard just fine.
Quote by Johnny_Reano
On topic, look into amps that have decent cleans (usually cheaper than amps that focus heavy on the distortion, barring botique amps), and get a good pedal. For what it sounds like you're doing, that should be enough.

Also, and I don't know where you're playing, but do they have a P.A. you could run through? Just mic up that little spider and you'll be heard just fine.

What kind of amp would you recommend? I think I'd rather have an amp than mic up the spider, just in case.
Well I got a Crate V100 Tube head for 200 (used), and built a cab out of shit I had laying around (this was WAYYY back . The crate had some nice cleans, but the shittiest distortion you'll ever hear. I used a metal zone pedal with it to get the sound for death metal, but looking back it was pretty shitty. Still, you get what you pay for