Budget - i guess 500 ish more or less.

Genres - I need an HEAVY sound, I play in drop C, I play bands Like Asking Alexandria, I set my friends on fire, Chelsea grin Ect.

Home or Gig? - Home mostly.

Closest City? - Im in Dowtown montreal

Current Gear? -I have a Cube 30x from Roland, With a BOSS metalcore Disto Pedal and I use a Schecter guitar ( bough it used , i cant figure out the model..but its rockin)

Any suggestion? Also I might be looking for new pedal or what not, anything that wpuld improve my tone. thank you.
eh. If you want a good metal tone you're going to need to spend money, bro. ENGL Powerballs, Mesa Dual/Triple Recs, or even a Peavey 6505.

but.. Since you're on a budget, I would recommend the Peavey 6505 Combo amp. Has all the tone of the 6505 just in a smaller package. It's about 600 bucks. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT use a Boss Metal pedal. It sounds like poop
Last edited by scarter1192 at May 9, 2011,
I've read great reviews on the JCA100H. It's $599.00-$649.00 depending on where you shop. Everywhere price matches usually though. The youtube vids with nothing hooked up to it and it had good distortion.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by scarter1192
eh. If you want a good metal tone you're going to need to spend money, bro. ENGL Powerballs, Mesa Dual/Triple Recs, or even a Peavey 6505.

but.. Since you're on a budget, I would recommend the Peavey 6505 Combo amp. Has all the tone of the 6505 just in a smaller package. It's about 600 bucks. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT use a Boss Metal pedal. It sounds like poop

What Distortion PEdal you would suggest then?
Bugera's are in your range but they sacrifice quality. Just be wary of those.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
I'd say the Bugera 333XL but they're built like ass and it's hit or miss really... if you wanna take the risk, they have nasty ass tone and the distortion is killer...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by xkreedx
Bugera's are in your range but they sacrifice quality. Just be wary of those.

Quote by Krauser
I'd say the Bugera 333XL but they're built like ass and it's hit or miss really... if you wanna take the risk, they have nasty ass tone and the distortion is killer...

I'd like to see some proof other than a UG meme to back up both of your assumptions.

TS you don't need a distortion pedal period if you're looking for an amp that is made for metal. You might need a tube screamer.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at May 9, 2011,
Quote by ShevanelFlip
What Distortion PEdal you would suggest then?

When you get a good amp made for the sounds you want you will never want to use a distortion pedal again.

Atleast not for br00tz except maybe a tube screamer type pedal to tighten up the amps gain a bit.
Quote by CL/\SH
I'd like to see some proof other than a UG meme to back up both of your assumptions.

TS you don't need a distortion pedal period if you're looking for an amp that is made for metal. You might need a tube screamer.

My assumption is the first bugera 6262 I had started smoking three days after owning it. It was brand new. I took it back to GC to swap it out. They gave me a new one and after three and a half weeks it blew two tubes. Took it back and the tech at guitar center told me that they he has seen five or six come back within a month of purchasing. Sounds like a well made product to me. I will never buy another bugera product.
Quote by CL/\SH

It's not an assumption. Other than not hearing great things about their longevity a bud of mine had one that always gave him trouble so he ditched it and got a 6505 for a relatively good price on the used market. I can't be certain he didn't cause it and it may have been simply a bad/defective unit, but it doesn't bode well considering the already disconcerting nature of that amp... don't get me wrong, I loved the sound from it, but I just wouldn't put my hard earned cash into one myself knowing the trouble my bud went through with his. I apologize for not feeling the need to provide proof...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by scarter1192

The Boss Metalcore pedal is actually pretty decent for a cheap pedal, nice and ballzy, unlike the Metalzone.

With your budget, best bet is the 6505 combo, unless you feel like saving up.
I swear by my Bugera 6262. Had it for >2 years, and it did crap out once, when I was first using it. It was a very easy fix, and never acted up again. The problem is the same on most Bugera amps, just google "fix Bugera amp" and you should find an easy fix.

That being said, I would also recommend a B-52 AT-100, although I think they are discontinues so you'll have to go used. Either of those amps will do what you're looking for - Bugera is more middy, while B52 is more scooped. They compliment each other quite nicely BTW
Guitars:
-Agile Interceptor Pro 7-string
-PRS SE Standard

Amps:
-Bugera 6262 2x12 combo
-B-52 AT-100

Pedals (rarely used):
-Digitech Whammy
-BBE Green Screamer OD
-Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah

Home made cabinets and cables
Last edited by J☺e at May 10, 2011,