So, after much deliberation, I have finally sold my P-bass, (as it simply wasn't getting played), and have invested in a Fender Jazz. This one is Olympic White with a tortoiseshell pickguard and a maple neck,

It cost me £700, and is absolutely amazing, both to look at and to play. The neck is straight, the action is low, and it is in perfect condition.

Also, the hard case it came with is really beefy, haha, and should definitely protect the bass from almost anything.

I haven't had a proper chance to test it yet, as my main rig is very loud, and the neighbours wouldn't appreciate it at this time, haha but I have played it on my practice amp, and it sounds so nice. It has that lovely jazz bass tone, with a little added brightness from the maple neck, which is perfect. All it needs is a change of strings to the ernie ball 105's that I normally use and it will be ready to go.

I absolutely love maple necked fenders, especially with the black dots, and I can't wait to put it through its paces at my band's gig at the end of may

(P.S. sorry if the photos are a little big)
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.
Quote by jackers1234
I absolutely love maple necked fenders, especially with the black dots

You're not alone there! HNBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
That's beautiful. it's making me want a Jazz even more HNBD!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Beautiful purchase, man. Congrats, and yes, maple necks are awesome.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
cheers guys it is a gorgeous bass. I've been GASing for a jazz for so long, and this one is perfect.

i reckon after a little messing with the sansamp this will sound even better than my aerodyne jazz (and that thing is an absolute beast!)

Quote by fleajr_1412
That's beautiful. it's making me want a Jazz even more HNBD!

you should definitely get one jazz basses are the way forward.
My Setup:
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Yes!

Yes yes yes! That's the stuff dude, I hope you guys live a long and happy life
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Is this the one of basschat? Anyway happy new bass day, and im very jealous. Thats my favourite colour for jazz bass's.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Is this the one of basschat? Anyway happy new bass day, and im very jealous. Thats my favourite colour for jazz bass's.

aye, it is indeed. i saw it and immediately messaged the guy saying i wanted it, haha I am very very pleased with it.

and cheers waltaa this one is definitely a keeper, hehe.
My Setup:
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Ahhhhh, so so so so jealous. I've lusted after Fender Jazzes since day one of my bass playing career! HNBD!

Who do I have to kill/sleep with/interrogate to get one without paying?
HNBD!!!!

Though i'm a P bass guy.... i have total solidarity with the love of dotted maple fender necks!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
thanks there is just something about a maple fender neck that makes me go weak at the knees haha.
My Setup:
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Welcome to the Jazz bass owners club! Please send your bass to me for authenticity verification in the next 3-5 business days for your membership approval.

HNBD, the maple fretboard looks stunning with the oly white, now you just need one with block inlays!

EDIT: You only have a single bed? You poor bugger.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at May 9, 2011,
I have both a Fender P and jazz basses.
I love my P bass the most but my jazz is very sexy.

I hope you two have a long loving relationship and if you ever wanna break up with her I'll take her for you.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by consecutive e
Welcome to the Jazz bass owners club! Please send your bass to me for authenticity verification in the next 3-5 business days for your membership approval.

HNBD, the maple fretboard looks stunning with the oly white, now you just need one with block inlays!

EDIT: You only have a single bed? You poor bugger.

haha. ok, i'll just....hey..i'll get it back right? hehe.

yea, block inlays are really nice, but i just couldn't resist the black dots with the white bass.

and yea, haha, my room in my house at uni only has a single bed, cos our landlords are catholic, and think giving us double beds will encourage us to bring members of the opposite sex back.....lol. i'm looking forward to goin back home to my double bed

cheers everyone i've been playing/staring at it all morning, haha, it is so nice to play and i can't wait til i can play it through my main rig
My Setup:
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,