Hi UG

I'm buying a B.C Rich JRV 7 string, and I need to change the pickups.
I want to play some really brutal, fast and technical stuff, like Beneath the massacre, Monumental Torment, etc. So I'm gonna play technical riffs and slow slamming breakdowns. Can you recommend me a set of passive pickups for this type of music?
The guitar has a tremolo, so consider this when choosing the pups.
Thanks!
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Lets see - various Dimarzio pickups (X2N, D-Activator, D-Activator X, etc etc), as well as just about any Bare Knuckle Pickup.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I'd also go for either an X2N in the bridge and D-Activator neck, or two D-Activators, can't go wrong with them, they handle high gain perfectly.
Damn, I'd try Bare Knuckles, but I can't get'em in Poland and Germany :| at least I can't find them.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Aggro
Damn, I'd try Bare Knuckles, but I can't get'em in Poland and Germany :| at least I can't find them.

You can order them directly from the site (http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/) and get them delivered to your place
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
What amp do you have?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
You should check out the Seymour Duncan Black Winter set. They are easily the most aggressive, yet well-rounded pickups I've ever played. There is quite a lot of output, yet dynamics are still present. I mostly play black metal, but I use a tone that leans a little more toward the thicker, more full death metal kind of tone. And I also play some tech-death stuff and these pickups are amazing for that. I just finished this track the other day -- I used just one guitar with the Black Winter set. The rhythms/tremelo picking bits were all the BW bridge pickup; cleans were with both pickups selected, and the leads were a mix of the neck pickup and the bridge again on the very last lead section. 6505 for all heavy parts, Classic 30 for cleans. I think this song does a pretty good job of representing the range that the BWs can cover:

The Gathering of Hosts

One note about the BWs though -- they are not really a "djent" pickup (meaning all of the life (low-end) was sucked out of them.) There is a controlled amount of low-end which is balanced nicely with the highs. Some people who play extreme downtuned material may not enjoy the presence of that low-end in the tone, as it interferes with that djent "twang" for lack of a better term. But for 90s -- early 2000s extreme metal tone, they are amazing pickups.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at May 25, 2016,
Gee guys, it isn't like this thread is 5 years old or anything...
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Gee guys, it isn't like this thread is 5 years old or anything...

LOL i just found a necro that was 9 years old
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Black Winter, or the Pegasus/Nazgul set. Both are great for technical detuned metal.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
Black Winter, or the Pegasus/Nazgul set. Both are great for technical detuned metal.

This thread is 5 years old I'd imagine the OP has resolved his issue by now!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

But...but...what if he hasn't, and we just abandon him?

(Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers or something from Tesla, just in case.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
OK maybe he is really patient after all!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Mincer

did you even look at the thread? or posts above? or do you just push SD on everybody regardless of situation?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/