First part of a song I'm working on... just wanted to get some feedback =P

I use GP6 so I can only upload the midi and wav files, but the wav files are pretty massive. Here's a youtube link so you can hear how it sounds with the RSE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHXANWlhzI

Thanks =)
Attachments:
01 - Buried At Sea.mid
01 - Buried At Sea.gpx
Gear:
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey 6505+ Combo (60w)
Roland Cube 20w
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-5
Last edited by MayoFTW at May 9, 2011,
BTBAM influence was obvious, and it sounded great. Pretty cool song, but the entire time I was wishing you'd revisit the intro. That was something special, I think you should def bring it back in to close the song out or something.

But good job man, it was sick.

And if you wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate a crit back for https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440667 thank you.
Last edited by blake1221 at May 10, 2011,
I haven't downloaded the GP file so I'm just going off the youtube with RSE. I'm a big Explosions In The Sky fan so the Intro was obviously my favorite part and I agree with Blake, I would've loved to have seen the intro revisited as it was really a nice piece of work there. I'm not much of a core guy anymore but the "core" part was still enjoyable for me but the drums did seem to a little to be desired in my opinion. Overall it was nice and something that if expanded on could really be a nice unique blend of Post-Rock and Core.

If you can, I'd appreciate it if you would check out my new song here -> https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440805 .
Listening to the midi form, I feel RSE doesn't give me a clear enough sound of things, makes things mash too much.

0-20 seconds: Haha, with midi it made me think of Final Fantasy so much... But nonetheless, I like it.

24-40: Like the gradual buildup, very fitting.

41-1:12: More buildup, good.

Rest of it: Lots of constant nice low register riffs. My only complaint is that it feels a bit 'empty' with both guitars playing the same exact thing the whole time. It's a really hollow sound, especially with, as mentioned above, the drums not contributing too well. The riffs themselves were good, don't get me wrong, but I feel that having one guitar varied somewhat sometimes or some different sounding sections in between the riffs would contribute a lot and make it run into itself a lot less.

Also the breakdown at the end... ehhhhhh.

Overall, a good start though, lots of potential just waiting to be tapped!
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Okay ill elaborate more from before...
The intro was sexy it had a build up feeling and just the tone of sadness and epicness.
And the little change up has good potential, it was a great idea but i think the drums and such could get a little more crazy like blast beats and such. also i think you should have brought that sweet intro back but more heavy like as an outro. You should extend the song.
You already critiqued my song so im just returning the favor, but if you have any spare time you can feel free to check out my newest song that hopefully doesnt suck as much as my other ones