Poll: Are spam threads funny?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are spam threads funny?
Yeah, they're funny
25 32%
No, they're stupid
13 17%
My fog machine goes FSSHHHHHHHHH
40 51%
Voters: 78.
Some are annoyed, some find them funny, some think they are a symptom of our capitalist oppressors. Thoughts?
Poll incoming.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
No.

Mirror threads are stupid too. UG tends to overdo things to the point where it gets annoying. I liked the lol wut pear until I started posting in the Pit.

EDIT: Especially that ****ing fog thing. The first guy who posted that shit was funny, but the next 100 of you ****ing idiots posting that shit over and ****ing over made it god damned annoying. ****.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Last edited by Colgate Total at May 9, 2011,
Funny threads are funny. Unfunny threads are unfunny.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Depends if they're actually funny.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Certain times they are funny. Like that mirror of the guy complaining about music stores.

Most of the time though, they're filled with people complaining about the thread they're in. IMO they're a bigger waste of space than the thread itself. I never saw the reasoning behind moderating joke threads.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
This forum is full of people who have no sense of humour and have small braines evidenced by their use of the abbreviation 'TS' instead of the proper 'OP'.

Me? I love spam threads.
I'm just trying to see why some people get so irate over them. I find a lot funny, and I think the insta-ban thing is a bit harsh.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Some are funny. What I think is really funny is that people care enough to report everything. this is the only forum I go to where you see "reported"

Anytime I see "reported" i think, "what a douche, get a life"

Waits for someone to quote and put "reported"
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Eric_Fail
This forum is full of people who have no sense of humour and have small braines evidenced by their use of the abbreviation 'TS' instead of the proper 'OP'.

Me? I love spam threads.

What's the difference? Thread Starter=Original Poster

Although because 'spam' means 'Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages', I don't think all the threads we're talking about are necessarily 'annoying' or 'stupid'. Perhaps they're pm.
Quote by ecvMatt
Some are funny. What I think is really funny is that people care enough to report everything. this is the only forum I go to where you see "reported"

Completely agree, it is reminiscent of Randall from Recess.
Quote by cam_sampbell
Depends if they're actually funny.

this
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
The whole "reported" thing is to notify users that the thread has been reported and not to post, because any posts after the report usually result in a warning and sometimes a ban. Has nothing to do with being a shithead.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by laid-to-waste
What's the difference? Thread Starter=Original Poster

thats just me trying(and failing) to be funny.

I am not always serious when I post here, so take some of what I say with a pinch of salt.
Quote by Colgate Total
The whole "reported" thing is to notify users that the thread has been reported and not to post, because any posts after the report usually result in a warning and sometimes a ban. Has nothing to do with being a shithead.

Getting 3+ pages of people warnings/bans sounds like being a shithead to me. Although I guess they brought it on themselves.

Quote by Eric_Fail
thats just me trying(and failing) to be funny.

I am not always serious when I post here, so take some of what I say with a pinch of salt.

What the fuck?! I normally always pick up on unseriousness
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Colgate Total

you see people put "reported" " 'ported" or any other variation atleast 5-6 times before the thread is closed, so thats not true..
Just need to have a parliament moment...

Order, order!

I name the honourable member for being an idiot!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Colgate Total
No.

Mirror threads are stupid too. UG tends to overdo things to the point where it gets annoying. I liked the lol wut pear until I started posting in the Pit.

EDIT: Especially that ****ing fog thing. The first guy who posted that shit was funny, but the next 100 of you ****ing idiots posting that shit over and ****ing over made it god damned annoying. ****.

Quote by Colgate Total
No.

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Depends on the thread, some people try too hard and make it unfunny but there are some that are jus gold
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by ecvMatt

People put "reported" to show that they've reported that thread because if you ever read the rules, you can get a warning for posting in a thread after 2 minutes. It's just a courtesy to mention it's been reported so others don't get warnings/bans.

OT: Some are funny, some are annoying.
Quote by IommiPage
People put "reported" to show that they've reported that thread because if you ever read the rules, you can get a warning for posting in a thread after 2 minutes. It's just a courtesy to mention it's been reported so others don't get warnings/bans.

OT: Some are funny, some are annoying.

I think that reporting the thread in the first place is rather anal, it isn't so much that they post "reported" but rather that they report the thread at al,l that makes me think "douche"
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at May 9, 2011,
Quote by mikeyknowsbetter
you see people put "reported" " 'ported" or any other variation atleast 5-6 times before the thread is closed, so thats not true..

- Once a thread has been reported (using the report button underneath the first post of the thread) and someone has posted "*reported*" in the thread, you are no longer allowed to post in it.
- There is a 2-minute window in which people will not be punished for posting that they have reported a thread which has already been reported.
- Posting in a spam thread for any reason other than reporting it is unacceptable and will be considered spam. If a thread has already been reported, just leave it alone and a moderator will get to it ASAP.
Punishment: Decided by the moderator. This usually results in a warning.

Right from the rules at the top of the Pit, so yes it is true.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Remember the guy who posted a thread about how he filled his acoustic bass with sand...
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Eric_Fail

Me? I love spam threads.

Maybe you should look up what TS means before you judge the whole of the UG forums.

OT: Spam threads are simply that, spam. They're not generally funny. Usually, they just increase the amount of threads on a forum. It'd be nice if a thread actually discussed something more interesting, for instance, than whether TS likes burgers.
Fsssssssssshhhhhhhhh. I see nothing wrong with some fsssssssshhhhhghh spam every now and a fsssssshhhhhhhhhhhh again. Damn fog machine goes grabs baseball bat.
Can someone please explain the fog machine thing? I wasn't around at its creation.
Obviously Fassa.
Quote by Eric_Fail

Me? I love spam threads.

I liked how you called us stupid but you misspelled "brains."
you're a stone fox
not really, cos then I spam in a spam thread and get a warning because some douche reported the thread
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"

Seriously though, I find it rather ironic that the mods dish out bans left and right for "spam," while also banning users for discussing adblockers.

In my opinion, ads waste far more time than spam threads.

That said, it depends on the thread. Some are amusing, some aren't.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Most of them are pretty stupid.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.