Page 1 of 2
Fixed blades, folders, production, custom, "super steels"....WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

It looks like all of the threads about knives have been closed since they always turn violent. I'm talking about knife collecting, or what you EDC (Every Day Carry) with you.

Recently, I've been using my CRK Sebenza 21 (S30V) or Spyderco Gayle Bradley (CPM-M4) for EDC, but I received a Rick Hinderer XM-18 that I have for a week. It's a super tough folder and I would get one if I could find one for sale. I'm also looking forward to the Bark River Bravo 3 that is due to come out possibly this year.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
That's not a knife, that's a spoon....

I see you've played knifey - spooney before!
cool mod job on that one!
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

what brand? that knife looks like a kershaw....

and as for balisongs, i would recommend the benchmade 42. its a classic.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Quote by kadinh
what brand? that knife looks like a kershaw....

and as for balisongs, i would recommend the benchmade 42. its a classic.

I can't remember off the top of my head It might be a kershaw

cool, thanks dude
I dont carry a knife anymore but I used to have an $8 pocket knife at a tiny store in downtown Hooker, Oklahoma.
you're a stone fox
I have an Al Mar Mini-SERE that I carried for a few years, so much so the bluing on the clip is starting to fade off :P The edge finally went kaput about 2 months ago after a few hours of assaulting mulch bags. It was really well built, had a very solid feel to it and was light/small enough to keep on me every day.

Since I suck at sharpening and tend to make matters worse, I'm gonna ship it off to them and let them get the edge back, but I have a SOG Flash II I bought in the meantime. The assisted opening is cool and it seems to be somewhat durable, but it isn't nearly as heavy or well constructed as the Al Mar (of course it was about $100 cheaper). The only annoying thing about the SOG is the location of the 'safety', it's really inconvenient and doesn't lend itself to quick opening if it's activated. It seems to be holding up to the daily paper/box/bag abuse in my fru fru urban environment though

Oddly enough, we have really strange knife laws in GA. Until a year ago, GA "Weapons" licenses only covered carry of firearms, not of knives, which meant state pre-emption didn't apply to knives and counties or cities could make up their own ordinances regarding them. In addition, the state had a law completely prohibiting the use of knives designed for "offense or defense", yet didn't define that at all. So what it boiled down to is, you get arrested for something else and have a knife on you, they could charge you for it, regardless of whether or not it was related to your 'crime'. They finally revised this about a year ago, changing the wording around the weapons licenses and added state pre-emption for knife laws. The problem? It only applies to knives > 5 inches, so if you carry a knife with a 3 inch blade, you can still technically be arrested for it in downtown Atlanta (which has a knife blade length restriction not preempted by the state).

More often than not, these laws were used as add-on charges for people that committed other crimes. I still didn't like the fact I could get pulled over and arrested for having a pocket knife on me though, even though the chances were slim. I don't know of anyone minding their own business or not doing something else shady that was charged under these laws, but I do know of one lady they caught shoplifting that had a steak knife in her purse. They tried to charge her for a felony weapons charge and having a knife designed for 'offense or defense'. I suppose assaulting steaks counts as offense these days
Here is my current EDC rotation

The top one is the Hinderer XM-18 that I am borrowing, it's going back tomorrow.

then the bottom row L-R:

Spyderco Caly 3 CF
Spyderco Sage 1
Spyderco Paramilitary
Spyderco Manix 2 w/ CTS-HXP steel
Spyderco Gayle Bradley
CRK Sebenza 21

I have a BRKT Bravo 1 also, but I don't take it with me everywhere:

and here's a pic of some that I have, but never use, and the ProTech TR3 is gone:

יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Last edited by kadinh at May 10, 2011,
KNIVES THAT CAME AND WENT

TOPS Screaming Eagle

Fallkniven F1

BRKT Custom Machete (the smaller knife is a BRKT Pro Scalpel 2; I still have it)

ProTech TR-3

BRKT Little Creek

יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Last edited by kadinh at May 10, 2011,
top to bottom:

BRKT Rogue
BRKT Canadian Camp Knife
BRKT Aurora

BRKT Lil Canadian 3V

BRKT Fox River w/ matching fire steel

Fallkniven TK3

BRKT Custom Bullnose Skinner (I won in a contest)

I think there are more, but I dont have them in my photobucket...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Quote by LordSephiroth
Knife laws in some states are so bogus most of the times. it makes me mad to see states be so strict, when it probably will just make things worse, making knives more "weapon-like" instead of tools...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

God damn kadin, that's a lot of knives
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I always thought people who collected knives were either chavs or serial killers.

Or both.
Quote by The_Casinator
I always thought people who collected knives were either chavs or serial killers.

Or both.

He doesn't need a knife to kill you.

Really, he's huge.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Actually, I carry a knife with me all day, every day, and it doesn't pass my mind to use it for self defense. I view them simply as tools.

I'm getting into making my own knives now too. I made 1, and I would like to make more, but it's so time consuming.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Quote by CG Man16
He doesn't need a knife to kill you.

Really, he's huge.

I can run pretty fast, you know.

Also, if he sees knives as tools there's clearly nothing wrong with TS. He won't beat me up anyway.
Quote by The_Casinator
I can run pretty fast, you know.

Also, if he sees knives as tools there's clearly nothing wrong with TS. He won't beat me up anyway.

I can run fast too! we should have a race! Make the thread on who has the fastest 40 time, and I'm in.

and you're right, im a pretty laid back guy.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Knife collecting?

Sword collecting is the way forward.

I own a kitchen knife though :p
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Knife collecting?

Sword collecting is the way forward.

I own a kitchen knife though :p

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Knives are just swords for poor people who can't afford as much metal

maybe you two can go out on a date and play with each other's swords together....
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Quote by kadinh
maybe you two can go out on a date and play with each other's swords together....

Or maybe you and the other knife collecters here could have a massive orgy and touch each others knives...
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
my newest edition

Rick Hinderer XM-18 3.5" Gen 4 slicer grind

i love it! the only problem is now all of my other knives never get used and i dont have a desire to buy any more....

but i do have a spyderco military with CF and M390 on preorder
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

I don't see the attraction of knife collection. I wouldn't carry one, but if you do, I don't understand why you'd need more than two or three. And it's not like they're all intricately sculpted and ornate, most of them just look like kitchen knives to me
I don't exactly need knives for every day protection when have my fists of justice, but since I'm part american I still have machetes, bayonnets, knives and shit at home. I'll take some pics tomorrow.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Who needs knives when you have nail bombs?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by metaldud536
I disagree

Much better.

Its all really about the knifewrench.

KNIFEWREEEENCH! Practical and safe!
Quote by LRCGUITAR
I don't understand why you'd need more than two or three

usually bc of the geometry and thickness of the blade, the angle of the grind, length.

you couldnt use a paring knife to chop through a log would you? a machete would be a better choice.
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

Quote by kadinh
usually bc of the geometry and thickness of the blade, the angle of the grind, length.

you couldnt use a paring knife to chop through a log would you? a machete would be a better choice.

I'd much rather use an axe

Besides, most of the ones here look like knives for killing things.
Page 1 of 2