I want a good but affordable pedal for like the heaviest of metal..but im on a low budget because im saving for an acoustic guitar..budget is like 50 bucks so help me out UG?
anything you get for under $50 is gonna suck ass
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I kind of realized that..fine what do you recommend that is less expensive but of a higher quality?
You actually might be able to get a Boss HM2 for that price, I got mine for around $50.

You throw it over your own amps distortion channel and can get a sound like this, the most evil tone ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQ7NK8YIF4&feature=related.
Agile Intrepid Pro 828 Natural w/ Maple fretboard
Agile Hornet 7 w/ custom steel pickguard
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier w/ 2x12 G12T-75 cab
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2
id look into digitech grunge has some heavy distortion like 60 buck most people dont like it but ive played mine through different bc richs gibsons fenders and some lower quality guitars and still sounds good or maybe a cheap boss or look at your local music shop clearence
That sound they have is with playing through marshalls, but I've gotten nearly the same tone playing over many other amps, my own mesa as well as 5150/6505, some B-52 amp and one more I can't remember.
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2
Just gonna double post here, but I looked at your profile and at your gear, and the pedal will make almost no difference if your profile is up to date. You really need to get a new amp for a brutal metal tone, It'll just sound like garbage through what you have listed. There's a big list of amps floating around the forums, and you can get really nice amps for low, especially used, like the B-52 AT112 combo.
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2
I know waiting sucks, but just save up for a new amp. You can go to a guitar store and try the pedals on you amp in the store and see what little difference they'll make with your current gear. Like I said before, you can get some nice stuff real cheap. I know the B-52 combo runs a little over 200 used, 5150/6505 combos I've seen at 400, Randall Warhead combos as low as 200+shipping.
Maxon OD808
Boss HM-2
i usually play at other places on better amps..im not 2 worried about my current gear but idk my friends are giving me names 4 good amps
its really hard to take you seriously when you type like you are a twelve year old girl texting your bff
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You need a new amp.
A distortion pedal in front of an MG doesn't really do much good.

If you want a decent distortion pedal in your fifty dollar budget, I reccomend looking at used pedals.

Quote by lbj273
its really hard to take you seriously when you type like you are a twelve year old girl texting your bff

I agree with this.
How can you even type like that? From previous experience when attempting to type like a twelve year old girl, it took me twice if not three times as long.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at May 13, 2011,