Hey, so Ive recently gotten more serious about my guitar playing, and after having owned the same guitar for two years, Id really like to try something new. You know, just for the hell of it. Get a feel for a different guitar, a different sound. I will be buying a new high end setup for myself at christmas, but for now I think it would be fun to buy a real cheap guitar, just to have something else to entertain myself with.

Right now I have a cheap-ass Stratocaster H-S-S copy and a Roland Cube 15X combo amp. What I want is, well any guitar that has 24 frets and different pickup setup, as long as its at least one humbucker. Superstrat, LP or maybe explorer style. And no, Im not buying used. I will use Thomann.de, prices are in Eur and I will spend around 200 Eur max. I know guitars in this price range probably all suck so you dont have to tell me that, I am aware.

So can you suggest me some relatively good guitars that fill my requirements ?

-Thanks
Ibanez RG1570Z w/ BKP Holy Divers
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 /w Guitar Rig 5
Stupid clumsy fingers
Well then Mr. thread starter, what kind of music do you like to play?
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
So, you want to waste your money on another cheap piece of crap guitar just for the heck of it? I honestly see no point in this. You wont be satisfied with a new cheap guitar for very long. I suggest that you try saving your money up for something decent instead of just wasting it. You will save money in the long run, because you wont be wanting to upgrade all the time.
Quote by smithmetal
Well then Mr. thread starter, what kind of music do you like to play?

A little of everything, but mostly different genres of metal. I knew I forgot something :P

Quote by Wisthekiller
Sorry to ask you to stretch your budget, but this will be your best bet for that price range most likely.

http://www.thomann.de/dk/kramer_guitars_assault_220_copper_metalic.htm

Thank you, I will look into that. 6 Eur over budget isnt really that bad

Quote by thegreasefire
So, you want to waste your money on another cheap piece of crap guitar just for the heck of it? I honestly see no point in this. You wont be satisfied with a new cheap guitar for very long. I suggest that you try saving your money up for something decent instead of just wasting it. You will save money in the long run, because you wont be wanting to upgrade all the time.

I figured someone might say this. I want a new guitar now and nothing will stop me! I know it wont be my dearest belonging ever, and I am also saving for a high end one. Theres a reason ive set such a low budget.
Stupid clumsy fingers
Sell the other cheap guitar and add its funds to your budget!
Moving on.....
If your whole not buying used thing isn't set in stone, somebody might be willing to trade with you.
@the last two posts: Since its my first guitar ever, I dont want to get rid of it, for sentimental reasons.

Heres something new: Do you think it would be worth it to add 50 maybe 100 Eur to my budget so I could get a low end Dinky or (G)RG ? My birthday isnt far away, maybe I could persuade someone to give me my present early. By being worth I mean, is there a large increase in quality from the 200 Eur price class to the 280-300 Eur price class ?

(Oh god, this is getting out of hand and I'll end up taking a huge loan and buying 3 different guitars I kid )
Stupid clumsy fingers
Yeah, I think it would definitely be worth it. Low end Jacksons actually are pretty good guitars.
Hmm, gonna have to do some thinking when I go to bed later. You dont think a 300 Eur guitar would be wasted with my amp ? I really have no idea about things like that, but you hear people talking...
Stupid clumsy fingers
The Roland Cubes aren't terrible by any means.

I'd also suggest saving a bit more for a nicer guitar. That money is burning a hole in your pocket now, but if you just go and buy because you "want to," you'll only regret it and want a new, better guitar soon.
Quote by Pac_man0123
The Roland Cubes aren't terrible by any means.

I'd also suggest saving a bit more for a nicer guitar. That money is burning a hole in your pocket now, but if you just go and buy because you "want to," you'll only regret it and want a new, better guitar soon.

Im afraid I will feel like this untill I own every single guitar in the world.
But I guess I'll atleast stick to my Cube untill christmas then.
Stupid clumsy fingers
Gah, I cant decide ! I've been listening to some sound demos on youtube today but they all sound good ! Theres just too many to choose from. Can you help me out ? Mostly what I'm looking for is info on the quality of the different guitars, and maybe some feedback from people who actually own some of them. Okey so these are the ones Im looking at now (and yes, I upped the budget again.)
Ibanez: GRG170DX - RG420EG - RGA42 - RGA32 - RGR321EX - GRGA42T
Jackson: JS32RT - JS32R
Stupid clumsy fingers
Go for GRg170DX, they are great. If you are not satisfied with the pickups, change with Seymour Duncan or EMGs. Other than that, get it set up,fit D'Addario strings and you are ok to Another problem is Fixed Tremelo bridge that 170DX has. If you have higher budget s, get a Floyd Rose double locking Tremelo, because fixed bridges are damn annoying when you need to frequently change tuning, not to mention troublesome to tune and goes out of tune easily. If you stick to one kind of gauge and would not like to spend more money, consider getting 170DX. However,since you have a low end guitar, it would be wise to get a higher end one(I'm just saying, ignore me). Good luck with your search dude
Quote by CloudDevelic
Yes, and RG series and Jackson Dinky are great too

Now, you see what you did there with that statement ? You just screwed me by saying they're all good :/

Anyway, I think I have narrowed it down to Jackson JS32R Dinky or Ibanez RG420EG
Stupid clumsy fingers
Personally, I'd go with the Dinky, but my opinion may be kind of biased. I'm a bit of a Jackson fanboy. I'm also currently saving up for a Rhoads. I like the feel of them a bit better than most Ibanez guitars, but the decision really comes down to personal preference. If at all possible, I would suggest going to a shop or something and trying them both out to see which one you like best.
I think I am leaning a bit more towards the Dinky. But I just saw that Schecter Omen 6 is in the same price range aswell. hmm...
Stupid clumsy fingers
shecter r really good guitars, i'm planing on buying the omen extreme fr if u can, (don't know how munch it cost there) go 4 it.
Buy used. Seriously. You get a "Someone got bored of this guitar, or bought one thats 4x more expensive" discount.

Think about it. I don't plan on ever buying a new guitar. That's just me, of course.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
Cort M200 only has 22 frets, I need 24.

And, I was actually looking at used guitars yesterday, and the selection... Is really quite bad. Its nothing but Stagg's and Behringer strats...
Stupid clumsy fingers
Shecter Omens are also rather fancy... Like I said before, try it out and get what YOU like best!
This is insane. Why do people do this? I have an uncle who's always buying new crappy gear and guitars he has a bunch od squires staggs and endless sold state amps with digit effects not that this stuff is all bad but he has like 12 guitars and 7 amps and it's all cheap crap then he bitches about wAnting a setup like mine and am strat deluxe and a twin. But I only have one acoustix and one electric if he sold his army of crAp he'd have a consderable Mmount for a nice set up quality not quantity...
Quote by tgrant
This is insane. Why do people do this? I have an uncle who's always buying new crappy gear and guitars he has a bunch od squires staggs and endless sold state amps with digit effects not that this stuff is all bad but he has like 12 guitars and 7 amps and it's all cheap crap then he bitches about wAnting a setup like mine and am strat deluxe and a twin. But I only have one acoustix and one electric if he sold his army of crAp he'd have a consderable Mmount for a nice set up quality not quantity...

It's called Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) - the immediate and non-suppressible need to buy some form of guitar gear. Usually this is satisfied with buying a cheap guitar, amp or pedal, and preferably modifying it somehow. It can become an addiction known as GAA, which leads to the situation you described with your uncle.

Ontopic: Get an Ibanez RG or GRG. Amazing guitars, even better modding platforms.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Let's see...low end ltd's aren't bad, neither are low end jacksons. Lagunas are also really cool...I suggest finding some really cool, random guitar on ebay.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Haven't you ever heard that "if you buy cheap, you buy twice?" Yeah, waiting until Christmas for a new guitar would suck. But you'd be better off waiting until then and using the extra money to get you a much better guitar that would keep you happy for a long time. Here's an example:

I could go out today and buy a new Ibanez RG120 for $200 USD. In a few months, I'd realize that it's not as good of an instrument as I had hoped and it isn't serving my needs, wasting $200 in the process. I could instead save up a little money and buy a used Ibanez S series guitar. Depending on the model, that could run me around $4-600; I'd have waited a little longer but I would've saved hundreds for first buying used and second not making an impulse buy.
Last edited by Helicopters! at May 16, 2011,
Quote by PsiGuy60
It's called Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) - the immediate and non-suppressible need to buy some form of guitar gear. Usually this is satisfied with buying a cheap guitar, amp or pedal, and preferably modifying it somehow. It can become an addiction known as GAA, which leads to the situation you described with your uncle.

Ontopic: Get an Ibanez RG or GRG. Amazing guitars, even better modding platforms.

This. I cant help it. The only thing that is still holding me back from buying is that in two and a half months I will be joining the military to complete my 4 months of basic training and wont have much time to play then.
Stupid clumsy fingers
ANOTHER cheapo guitar??!! Come ON, man -- get with the program. I'm American, so I don't know beans about what the Euro amount you mention translates to in U.S. Dollars, but I can give you this much advice from my own experience -- save up your money, wait a while, and buy yourself a good-quality guitar. You'll be much happier with it in the long run. If you like the design of the cheap copy you have now, then hop onto Fender.com and look at the American Special Stratocaster HSS. It's the real deal and well-worth the extra money. And if you can locate a used one in good shape, you can save some money in the bargain!
Never mind the Dawg . . . Beware of Owner!!