Due to me still having temporary control over this gaming challenge, I feel it's best to rename it to the "UG Gaming Challenge," a much more universal name.

Ultimate-Guitar's Super Awesome Gaming Challenge!

This challenge is open to all willing to compete, both gamers and non-gamers. Get ready to learn a bit about classic gaming, while honing your skills, and earning flippin' sweet bragging rights! Its simple, every Sunday I will post a new challenge up in the thread. You will then record yourself completing that challenge. (Emulators, camcorders, and console/tv records accepted).

When you post your proof on this thread, everyone will watch it and be really jealous. And then I will take the points you earned and add them along with your name to a scoreboard. Where you will collect points based on all your challenges to rank you amongst the rest of UG's gamers. But who will be the "Ultimate-Gamer"? (Yes, I used it as a plug in for UG. Deal with it.) Its time to find out!

The Rules
- This is an honesty based challenge. Its true that you can lie and fake it using somebody else as the player or stealing somebody else's video. Just keep in mind that gets rid of all the fun.
- If a faker is caught, we will blacklist the faker from competing for a month. (And they will have to complete a special request challenge).
- We don't encourage emulation, but if you must, then go ahead. But please buy the real game later on if you enjoy it.
-You may enter one video a week. Youtube is our only accepted hosting site. Please tag all videos with "UG", "JacobTheMe", "Jacobs", "Gaming", "Challenge", and your username.
-To enter a video, you must post it in this thread. I don't check my pm's. And you will not be entered or written down in the thread until you post a video.

Last Week's Challenge
1. UntilISleep - 10,704,230
2. RG5EX1 - 8,600,630
3. Guitard 1988 - 8,250,370
4. Arfey McFeeshy - 7,246,560
5. imdeth - 6,792,770
6. mario61 - 4,345,370
7. cornmancer - 823,110
8. muffinduck01 - 226,820

SCOREBOARD OF SWEET SKILLS
1. RG5EX1 - 300pts
2. imdeth - 225pts
3. UntilISleep - 200pts
4. Horlicks - 150pts
5. Guitard 1988 - 100pts
6. Arfey McFeeshy - 75pts
7. mario61 - 75pts
8. cornmancer - 75pts
9. muffinduck01 - 75pts

CHALLENGE #3

Bust-a-Move!!! This week's challenge is almost identical to last week's. The rules are simple, play the game linked below and go for a highscore. You can submit a score simply by taking a print-screen of the score and posting it in the thread.

CLICK HERE TO PLAY
Link is changed, score is now shown after game is over.

Goals:
1st - 200pts
2nd - 175pts
3rd - 150pts
4th - 125pts
5th - 100pts
6th and below - 75pts

That's right, by simply submitting your score you get a cool 75pts!

The challenge starts now!

As of right now, this challenge is void due to a faulty game.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 14, 2011,
Once i get the controls down you guys are all ****ed. I used to play this daily when i was a kid.
once completed Bust-A-Move 2 in 3 hours with all the boards done.

****. I forgot how ****ing stingy with the colours the original Bust-A-Move was.
Last edited by SG_dave at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Still waiting for a game i could give a crap about

I wanna participate :<

Same. Mario was the only one that tickled my fancy
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Still waiting for a game i could give a crap about

I wanna participate :<

I openly ask for suggestions for games in every thread. What game would you like to see done?
Quote by imdeth

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Touhou

The numerous requests in the original thread went ignored

I can honestly say that I never once visited the original discussion thread. There's always next week if that's what people want.

Also I updated the link to a version that shows the score at the end.
Quote by imdeth

Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 9, 2011,
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have a single thread with an updating OP then a new thread every week Just change the current game and update the scores.

Will be trying this one though!

EDIT: Same rules about continues?
Last edited by byob_soad2 at May 10, 2011,
Quote by SG_dave
Good god, this is harder than I remember. Are we allowed to post multiple scores? Or is it one submission and done?

I plan to try a couple times and post my best, but keep trying to beat it and update it. We should be allowed to keep trying til the deadline.
You are free to submit as many different scores as possible (although if you could, please keep it at a reasonable number)

Also, I'm terrible at this game. Look's like I'm getting pity points.
Quote by imdeth

This game is tough, but I'm getting better. Except Level 6, that one still breaks my balls.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I'll give this one a go, great choice btw. Deadline?

Also if anyone is interested in a Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament (PS3 only I'm afraid, unless I get enough support for a 360 one which I'll organise as well if thats the case) either send me a PM or post in the Gaming Thread about it.
Just so you all know, I plan on annihilating the competition again.

Not really, I suck at this
Deadline is still Monday morning at 6:00EST. That's going to be the normal finish time until Jacob takes this back.
Quote by imdeth

Just a reminder that this competition is still going on.
Quote by imdeth

I think there may be something wrong with this game. I don't think it's possible to get a score this high in so few rounds.

Quote by imdeth
I think there may be something wrong with this game. I don't think it's possible to get a score this high in so few rounds.

How in god's name...
Quote by imdeth

Quote by imdeth

I call shenanigins.
Quote by imdeth

(Invalid img)

My score just jumped up by a million or so in round 3. I'm not submitting that score as I think it shouldn't count.

Also I've noticed that each round gives you 50,000 if you complete it within 5 seconds. I'd have to get to round 30 while completing each round in 5 seconds (which is impossible for some rounds) for my score to be possible.

I think we should scrap this challenge as there is clearly something wrong with the game.
I agree. It's a shame really because I love it and I like this whole competitive scoring idea but there's clearly a bug there.
I agree with scrapping this challenge.

Let's start discussion on the new game for next week.
Quote by imdeth

Quote by imdeth
Continuing with the competitive scoring idea I suggest Dx Ball. It's free, small file size and plays like breakout.

http://www.magicwandsoft.com/games/dxball/

I like this. It gains my vote.

Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm giving Dave 150 points for getting by far the farthest out of all of us. He deserves it.
Quote by imdeth

Last edited by RG5EX1 at May 14, 2011,
Quote by RG5EX1
I like this. It gains my vote.

Any other suggestions?

Also, I'm giving Dave 150 points for getting by far the farthest out of all of us. He deserves it.

YAY!

I didn't notice the score discrepancies because I was focusing on what level I got to. That and i did most of them in a few seconds.
I'll make the new thread later today. Possibly right now.
Quote by imdeth