Let's face it, screamo/metalcore/deathcore or whatever the hell kids call it now-a-day is tedious and lacking apparent musicianship. When it gets to the point when songs are two minutes in length and consisting of only a few notable phrases, it needs to stop being produced and listened to. I think it is clear now that these genres are creating a bad image for the metal community because of it's popularity (it is quite often among teens.)

Now when I tell people that I listen to metal, they get a disgusted look in a their eyes because they think that I am referring to "screamo." I mean let's face it, the majority of non-metal heads are most likely listeners to pop/rap/country. The sound of "screamo" is way to extreme for them.

So now allow me to ask a question to any of you deathcore/screamo listeners out there. What elements of these genres do you appreciate?
Quote by jfloyd1879
When it gets to the point when songs are two minutes in length and consisting of only a few notable phrases, it needs to stop being produced and listened to.

sound argument chief
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
metal is supposed to stand for power and machoism and stuff. it doesn't care if a few girls try to slander its name. it doesn't yearn for public approval, it just gets it sometimes because it kicks so much ass. that is how it is supposed to go. don't piss your pants about it.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by jetfuel495
You are absolutely retarded for thinking there's any correlation between screamo and metalcore/deathcore.

People don't roll their eyes at you because they think you listen to screamo, people roll their eyes at you because, quite frankly, you sound like an idiot.

This. Please, for the love of god, learn what screamo is.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I bet this guy thinks that Underoath is screamo.

Screamo seriously has no metal influence in it at all.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Indie Rock + Hardcore + Screaming + Chaos = Screamo

That's how I see it.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by synestershadows

That's how I see it.

You're obviously blind, then.
It's pretty apparent that we all have different opinions on different genres. Where I'm from, all of the former bands you posted (Devil Wears Prada, ect) are considered "screamo."

From what I've learned screamo is metalcore without distortion, heavy drums, and a growling voice?
Quote by synestershadows

That's how I see it.

Shut up Andrew.

@TS, just because you've heard people call anything with screaming that isn't TR00 METUL "screamo", doesn't mean that's what screamo is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I always saw screamo as emo with more hardcore elements and aggressive sections. It might just be called emotive hardcore or something then, but there are instrumental passages and post-rock sections in a lot of screamo, so that doesn't fit either. It's a really weird genre to define...I think I've got a decent grasp on it though.

And at indie rock, didn't even see that before
TS, youre right, people obviously just have different tastes, but to say that a certain music shouldnt even be made is just ****ing stupid.

And to answer your question, the intensity and more importantly, the emotion. But Im not talking about deathcore or metalcore, Im just talking about harsh vocals in general.
Screamo is the new jazz.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown