I would like to try using the effects of amplitube with my iPhone so,

I went to the hardware store today to buy this one:

and this one:

It will be used to connect my guitar to my iPhone(effects) then to my amp.

It seems that my iPhone cannot detect it.
Maybe the two holes are set to input?? (is there something like that?)

It should be:
Guitar(input)-cable-hole-
=iphone(effects)
Amp(output)-cable-hole-

Here is the working iRig:

The first hole was a guitar input hole, the other is for headset(output)
Last edited by danielgomez23 at May 9, 2011,
What's going on here is you're splitting a stereo signal into two stereo signals. Not sure that's what your phone is looking for.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
It will not work with an iPhone. That is a standard tip/ring/sleeve (TRS) jack.

iPhones require a tip/ring/ring/sleeve (TRRS) 1/8" or 3.5mm headphone jack/AV/Mic cable where the second ring is ground to get the Mic input to connect.

Most common TRRS jacks on the market now are sleeve ground. (Hmm. Apple?)

Now the correct cable is a proprietary item sold for four to ten times what they used to cost when you could use them for an iPod. I recall I found a suitable camera AV cable at Radio Shack for something like $30+... WTF!!!

There are some still available but from what I understand, some iPhones may also need the connection to go through the power/USB cable because there is a chip in the white block end of the cable to tell the phone to operate/activate the Mic input.

If I am wrong, somebody correct me...

EDIT: being in Asia, you may have better luck finding something outside the reach of Mr. Big Apple.
Last edited by irnmadn88 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by irnmadn88
It will not work with an iPhone. That is a standard tip/ring/sleeve (TRS) jack.

iPhones require a tip/ring/ring/sleeve (TRRS) 1/8" or 3.5mm headphone jack/AV/Mic cable where the second ring is ground to get the Mic input to connect.

Most common TRRS jacks on the market now are sleeve ground. (Hmm. Apple?)

Now the correct cable is a proprietary item sold for four to ten times what they used to cost when you could use them for an iPod. I recall I found a suitable camera AV cable at Radio Shack for something like $30+... WTF!!!

There are some still available but from what I understand, some iPhones may also need the connection to go through the power/USB cable because there is a chip in the white block end of the cable to tell the phone to operate/activate the Mic input.

If I am wrong, somebody correct me...

EDIT: being in Asia, you may have better luck finding something outside the reach of Mr. Big Apple.

I always see their iPhone(youtube) connected via usb while using amplitube. Ill try that out lol