hmm both would be good if you are in the states the gh50l is cheaper no?

they are beasts. though the rocker 30 is great too.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
the laney doesn't really have a clean channel... more like a classic rock gain channel and higher gain gain channel

orange is darker, laney is brighter and more hot-rod marshally

I prefer the laney but it depends on what you want it for.

EDIT: i got my laney new for less than that. Keep an eye on the guitar village site, they sometimes have sales on. That's where i got mine (like... not that long ago. 6 months?)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh you can dial it in to be pretty clean (especially using the low input). the problem is that the amount of gain in the lower gain channel affects the amount of gain in the higher gain channel- they're not separate channels, it's single channel, but with a switchable extra gain stage.

Also the higher gain channel sounds best (IMO) with the gain set to a similar or higher level than the drive control [the gain control is the amount of gain on the lower gain channel, the drive control is the amount of gain for the extra gain stage]. it sounds a bit thin if you set the gain low (to get a cleaner sound on the lower gain "channel") but then try to set the drive high.

oh if it comes with a cab then that's different, when i said 400 i meant just the head. Which cab is it?

will it suit your playing? Depends I dunno what psychedelic rock really is, but certainly the lower gain "channel" sounds fairly vintage marshally to me (though obviously it's preamp gain, rather than power amp gain, at the volumes i'm playing at, but it's in the ballpark of that type of tone).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IS this the guy thats selling a laney with a v30 loaded 4x12

Thats a pretty good deal...
Its an awesome amp.

If you like a bit of dirt on cleans it'll be fine
its really just a single channel amp its like you'll be dialing in a dirt sound then theres a footswitchable gain stage
if you wanted both you'd probably have to roll down your guitar volume.
aye

also i'd say it's pretty dependent on speakers- i have a laney tt 4x12 with v30s, and also a lionheart 2x12 with teh heritage g12h30s... through the 4x12 it sounds like a hard rock/metal amp, through the 2x12 it sounds more like a classic/hard rock amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice one guys thanks!

It looks really nice but I'm not convinced with the clean :/ I use a laney aor but its dying and like laney sounds.

The rocker has a clean and dirty channel that sounds more suited to me. I'm still undecided. I'd like to hear more opinions of what one would suit my playing most.

I can't remember what cab it is, but its loaded with vintage 30s

Thanks for helping!

And keep it coming haha,

Luke.
I was able to get a nice footswitchable clean tone out of my GH50L and a pretty heavy distorted tone, without moving knobs on the amp or guitar. Just depends on how you have it setup.

I'd go with the Rocker though for what you want. For similar prices, it's the better amp IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I loved the Laney GH50L when I played it, It's not going to be great for getting purely clean tones for RHCP style stuff though. If you're only playing at home it won't be a problem though, as it still would need to be cranked a bit too start breaking up.

Also, be patient with the Laney, keep checking ebay, and make sure you go used. I missed one for sale about 30 miles away from me. Mint condition, with the matching 4x12 cab for £210, which is an unbelievable deal.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
LANEY. its friken Tony Iommi signiture amp, that should tell you anoough there.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build