I think OCD is the right term? not sure but basically moments where you HAVE to do things and won't feel right until you have. Here are some of mine:

When I go out and lock the front door, I have to pull the handle down about 5+ times to make sure that it won't open.

When I go to bed at night and I have to make sure that my computer/console whatever is switched off... basically I turn the light off, and stare at it for a few seconds, even though if it was on the lights would be in my face... it's lucky I do this actually, because about a month ago my console was ACTUALLY TURNED ON... I don't even know how because I can remember turning it off... the reason I looked in the first place was because a light seemed to appear out of nowhere on my wall when I was going to sleep and I heard it whirring up...

You have any?
This will start a RIOT! in me
Tonnes:

Everything on desk MUST be exactly as is. Things facing right direction etc.
Room isn't necessarily "clean" but it's ordered. NOTHING is allowed to change that order.
Everything plugged into a socket is turned off (by the socket) at night.

I'm pretty OCD.

*after reading other posts*

I mean...

no

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
- all my DVDs/Games that are in a pile need to be perfectly alligned
- My CDs must be in alphabetical order
- The door handle thing I do like TS
- When I'm in class I have to stack any notes in perfect order or align them next to each other perfectly.
whenever there's a new thread I have to post the opposite of TS
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by TimTheWizard
whenever there's a new thread I have to post the opposite of TS

*looks at join date*

Yeah, it's cool to do it... people actually find them funny on here. Go ahead!
This will start a RIOT! in me
Whenever I listen to music or watch tv the volume has to be on a multiple of 5 or i go crazy
Quote by Paramore.
*looks at join date*

Yeah, it's cool to do it... people actually find them funny on here. Go ahead!

I was kinda referring to the other posters who always do this /failedpun

my only "OCD" is that I put stuff everywhere and it STAYS there, no one can move it except for me or I'll start freaking out

EDIT: ^a bit of that too, I can't stand it it's on ..9
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Last edited by TimTheWizard at May 9, 2011,
When I use a public bathroom, I often check if the door is locked 3-4 times.
inb4 shitstorm
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
All my guitar pedals aren't attached to my board, they just rest on top. If one moves even SLIGHTLY out of line I stop playing IMMEDIATELY and fix it, whether it'll affect my playing or not.

Thank god I don't do gigs yet...
Volume, no odd numbers, ever.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Bro, OCD is a serious disorder, don't be disrespectin'
i don't know why i feel so dry
Playing video games, if you can go down 2 paths, that bugs the hell out of me... Especially if you go down one and then can't go back, it annoys me for the rest of the game because i don't know what's down the other path.
Quote by rox355
Whenever I listen to music or watch tv the volume has to be on a multiple of 5 or i go crazy

This. It is really frustrating when 32 is the exact right volume though.

Also, I can't walk into a house without locking the bolt. For that matter, I hate having doors unlocked in general. It makes me feel uncomfortable.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Kevin19
When I bought this thing:

Pedal rules lots.

But yeah, there's a room in my house with a lightswitch at either end, and one of them has the switch to another room next to it. If those two aren't facing the same way, I'm not sleeping.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I thought this thread was going to be about the pedal.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by shikkaka
This. It is really frustrating when 32 is the exact right volume though.

Also, I can't walk into a house without locking the bolt. For that matter, I hate having doors unlocked in general. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

I'm kinda like this, except I look for numbers that are even and COOL.

32 is nice, it has factors, 1 32 2 16 4 8
36 obv sexy, like 64, being square numbers.
42, 1 2 21 6 7 3 14...
50 is not acceptable. 48 is lovely..

I'm a bit weird.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
My itunes library must be perfect, every song needs to be properly labeled, every album must have the right cover, etc.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
In general I usually trip if my surroundings aren't symetrical. Even if there's shit on the table I'll organize them in patterns or shapes. Makes very little sense
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Paramore.
it's lucky I do this actually, because about a month ago my console was ACTUALLY TURNED ON... I don't even know how because I can remember turning it off... the reason I looked in the first place was because a light seemed to appear out of nowhere on my wall when I was going to sleep and I heard it whirring up...

You have any?

Whoah, that was a good save!! I always watch my hotdogs if I cook them in the microwave, and it's a good thing I do because the other day, I swear it came dangerously close to overcooking and splitting apart. That would've been SUCH a disaster as I had a doctors appointment that afternoon I'll be damned if I was going to miss another appointment because of broken hot dog.

EDIT: Is OCD the new Random? Like you post your quirky little "OCD" habits that make you unique, but really you're just being anal or organized and have no idea how debilitating of a mental illness obsessive compulsive disorder can be for someone who was actually diagnosed by a mental health professional and spends several hours a day performing their rituals, rather than thinking of cryptic faux-intellectual poems/ramblings to post on their tumblr.
Here's a general template for you hipsters and generally boring people who hate how lame they are and wanna do something about it. Post this on your tumblr, twitter, facebook, etc.
OH EM GEE, I'm so (OCD/random/bi-polar/ironic) Today I walked up to this (lady/old man/coke machine/server) out of nowhere and just had to (fix her lipstick/give him an open-mouthed kiss/started kicking the shit out of it/leave her a 'tip' that said 'get a real job') because I (m not very clever).
Peepee on yo tittays
Last edited by misty_b at May 9, 2011,
- Volume must be an even number
- CDs alphabetized by band, then in order by release date (oldest to newest)
- Media library labeled perfectly, correct album art, etc.
- Books all the same level on shelf (none shoved back too far or pulled forward)
- Drawers can't be left partially ajar, same with cabinets

I'm surprised at how many things bother me, despite being a wicked slob.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I absolutely have to know what switches do on walls, as in I have to know what light it turns on or off, gets me some funny looks in public

When I'm eating I have to have even chews on each side of my mouth

If I'm ever walking while listening to my iPod my right foot has to be in time with the snare, so it has to touch the floor when the snare sounds...if that makes sense

I'm another person who needs even volume numbers

My body has to be even, if I scratch my right hand my left must be scratched too

I always have to touch things to see what they feel like. Almost always, how the do not touch signs in museums must love me
I'm quite OCD. Maybe not extreme like having to flick the light-switch 50 times, but its mostly neurotic shit.

-EVERYTHING I have control of MUST be alphabetized.
-I prefer food to be perfectly within the boundaries of the outer rim of my plate. If there's a little bit smudged on the corner, I take a napkin and wipe it off.
-Stacks of books and paper MUST be perfectly aligned.
-Socks must match (even brand) and be of equal height on my legs
-Shoes must be of EQUAL TIGHTNESS and SHOESTRING TIE LENGTH.
-Everything in my world is in a grid. If a painting on the wall tilts against that grid, shit hits fans.
-All spelling and grammar must be neatly corrected, refined and formed perfectly, unless I'm joking around (also, I repulse to use the same word to describe an identical thing more than once per sentence).
-Items in a row must be juxtaposed and equidistant from its neighbours.
-I check my facts. If you think I'm wrong about something, it's either subjective or you're wrong... or I've made a rare mistake.
-Consistency (each of these bullet-points ending with a period, for instance).

Oddly enough, I accept all of these as my personal, odd little quirks. I wouldn't change a thing. It helps... for instance, as a pixel artist, my obsession with equal distance and grids helps with shading, shapes, and proportions.

Quote by MrRockandRoll

If I'm ever walking while listening to my iPod my right foot has to be in time with the snare, so it has to touch the floor when the snare sounds...if that makes sense

YES. THIS.

Quote by Ostinattos
My itunes library must be perfect, every song needs to be properly labeled, every album must have the right cover, etc.

GOD yes. I also hate having tracks from "Greatest Hits" albums, I usually hunt down all of the information for each individual song--its name, album, year, and track.

...And finally I am quite neurotic about my forum posts as well, if I see a repeated word, something having been misspelled, I must edit it. 9 times out of 10 you will end up seeing a Last edited by nincompoop re-edit message at the bottom of my posts.

Quote by misty_b
EDIT: Is OCD the new Random? Like you post your quirky little "OCD" habits that make you unique, but really you're just being anal or organized and have no idea how debilitating of a mental illness obsessive compulsive disorder can be for someone who was actually diagnosed by a mental health professional and spends several hours a day performing their rituals, rather than thinking of cryptic faux-intellectual poems/ramblings to post on their tumblr.

No. There are varying degrees of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'd guess that most of what people have shared here are things they would get really anxious not doing (I know this is the case for me), and their minds would bug them for not doing it.
Last edited by nincompoop at May 9, 2011,
I count steps and stuff. That's like it, pretty much. Oh yeah, my music library has to be perfectly organized and labeled.
Last edited by due 07 at May 9, 2011,
When I set my alarm on my cellphone, I smash the volume button repeatedly until it feels right. And I check to make sure that I set it for AM over and over until I fall asleep. One time I didn't put the volume up so I didn't hear it, another time I set it for PM instead of AM.

I've gotten better about this, but I check my pockets constantly to make sure I have everything in there. Even if I haven't moved from a spot I still check multiple times.

And I can't not put a ear bud labeled R in my left ear, and the L one in the right ear, it doesn't "feel" right.
Last edited by TriviumisEpic at May 9, 2011,
I used to be pretty crazy.

everything had to be EVEN. even numbers.
and if I did something on one side. then I had to do it on the other side. like.
if I touched my left arm, I had to touch my right arm in the same spot. or chewing an even amount of times on each side of my mouth.
and then at night. I had this CRAZY like hour long prayer ritual thing that I'd do and If I didn't I thought.
I'd die
My dog would die
there would be a tornado
there would be a robber
or that i'd stop breathing.

like if I didn't do one of those "ritual" things, I would feel breathing getting harder.

I know I had/have plenty more, I just cant remember them or maybe I just dont notice them anymore xD

no joke. xD but I was like nine.

I'm no where near like that anymore.
Last edited by icesk8erqueen8 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by rox355

This. All the damn time.

Almost all my stuff is neat or lined up parallel with the edge of whatever its on or the wall. Usually the table is squared with the wall too

My room almost looks like it was made in the Sims. Everything either facing a direction square with one wall of exactly diagonal.

Minecraft doesn't help my OCD either. Stupid square blocks, why do I love you so much?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by rox355

Dude same here
I honestly feel bad for some of you. xD I can listen to my volume on any level. There are numbers I prefer, but they don't have to be that exact. Like in my car..if I want it to be loud, that's 25 for me. Medium 15-20. I have ranges and no set numbers haha.
I wash my hands over 100 times a day.

Yay for real OCDs?
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by nincompoop
There are varying degrees of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I'd guess that most of what people have shared here are things they would get really anxious not doing (I know this is the case for me), and their minds would bug them for not doing it.

Of course there are varying degrees of obsessive compulsive disorder, but that doesn't negate from the idiocy of diagnosing oneself with a debilitating mental disorder just because you keep your room organized or have some weird little quirky thing you do when you're nervous like tapping your foot or counting ceiling tiles. Basically everyone has something they like to do a certain way and of course it's going to bother them if someone/thing is preventing that, so why Is it so hard to say "I'm very anal about how I arrange my room/doll collection/personal appearance." rather than rambling about how Obsessive Compulsive Disorder you are and basically making a mocking others whose lives are actually being affected by OCD? Christ, kids...be thankful you're just an angst-ridden teenager who has organizational skills rather than a 40 year old man who is obsessively counting every single thing in your house that starts with a q and subsequently having a panic attack because you're an item short tonight almost 3 hours after you first started counting and it's already midnight. If your anal attentiveness is actually something more and it's making it extremely difficult for you to get through day to day life, go see a doctor and stop talking about it on a guitar forum.
Peepee on yo tittays
all doors have to be closed.
all lights have to be turned off when not needed
tap gets shut off when I brush my teeth
all the air vents in my truck have to line up