As Aesop Dekker put it, "Best album of 2011".

This is really just devastating. I mean...Fuck.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Loss/29198

and, for some clarification..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVeQXFhScc

Loss - Cut up, Depressed, and Alone

Just destructive death/doom, akin to the style of Warning - Watching from a Distance, except with gutterals...This is really good.

AnnihiSlateR, you're wanted. This is exactly what you were looking for, I swear it.

Despond coming out at the end of May.

Oh, and don't hesitate to check out, "Life Without Hope..Death Without Reason"
Last edited by severed-metal at May 9, 2011,
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that sounds ****ing sweet.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
This is incredible, i always loved the mix of tragic melody with hellish vocals, at a crawling tempo, and mostly importantly structured to create such a powerfull impact, every riff is placed at the perfect spot.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Are they recording the demo tracks or any of the split tracks for the album? The demo really is great.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by severed-metal

AnnihiSlateR, you're wanted. This is exactly what you were looking for, I swear it.

Damn, you were right. I read death doom and was initially put off slightly, but its like Scepticism meets Warning. This is fantastic. It really evokes a feeling of doom, that not many doom bands pull of if you ask me.

I can see myself listening to that a tonne. I think a pre order is definitely on the cards.
Cool, I havent seen those splits anywhere so looking forward to this one big-time.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Any idea where I can buy this?

EDIT: When it's there, of course.
Last edited by The_Casinator at May 10, 2011,
Profound Lore record should have it in when Despond comes out. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for places like Hells Headbangers to get it in.

End of the month is when Despond is coming out. The demos are out there, like most demos. Someone on eBay or Discogs might be selling them.
Oh yes. Very good. I can't wait for Despond to hit the shelves. Still on the fence on whether or not this has staying power. So far it's holding up however. Such nice melody, and the low key gutterals only compliment this further. Gave a listen to "Life Without Hope...Death Without Reason:

Sorry if this was a bit off, I'm not wearing my glasses.
Posting so I remember to listen to it later. I mean, Aesop likes it, that should be reason enough.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Yeah, but Aesop probably likes hundreds of things you hate. You should say, "Aesop likes this? Eh, I'll probably hate it...But fuck it, just to disagree with him, I'll listen right now"

What's the harm?
I say, Aesop has a sound taste. Ever read that blog of his, Cosmic Hearse? If you haven't, there's tons of obscure black metal in there you can listen to and show off with later on.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I listened to Despond. 's ok.

Dont really remember a whole lot except that towards the end theres one track which has some heavy Black Metal influence. It all kinda runs together aside from that though...

I doubt if I'll listen to it much.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Yeah, sadly. Too bad, unfortunately these are "momentary" bands. Where they have wonderful song structure and devastating riffs, but ultimately perish due to the time frame of listening being so small.

I really can't listen to this all the time because I'm not always depressed or sad, but I will admit it's a good album though. When you're in the mood, it hits perfectly.
I think your right. I think where I feeling proper low right now it would hit a lot harder.

edit: Just got to the black metal esque section b_a mentioned, I agree that it was rather nice, and probably the most memorable moment, purely for it being different.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jun 9, 2011,
Yeah.

I think for the sake of my hard drive, it's getting deleted.

And honestly, if I'm well and truly depressed I'll go listen to Il etait une Foret. And that album I can pretty much throw on anytime though and it's still ridiculously amazingly perfect.

And if I want funeral or death doom I'd rather listen to Colosseum or Black Wreath or whatnot.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Yeah, the list goes on. I'll keep Loss on my computer, as they aren't necessarily a bad band by any means, it's just that they have this potential, and it dwindled over time. Eh, what can ya do.

There's always Asunder.