Does a pedal exist that pumps out synthesized, electronic tunes through the amp? I know you can do it with the computer and MIDI, but I was wondering if it was possible to send it straight through the amp. If so, what can I use?

Thanks!
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You know I can't remember haha. Sometimes I think about it, but I can never remember. I put it in my sig years ago.
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Roland GR55.

Thanks! Do you have any idea whether Guitar Center lets you try out more expensive equipment like that before you buy it?
They better! If not I just wouldn't buy it there

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Roland GR55.

I did a little research on this, and it sounds like it's a multi-FX board that has synth settings. I already have quite a few effects, do you know if there's a cheaper one that has mostly synthesized, electronic FX? Or does the Roland GR-55 have that and I'm just crazy?

Roland GR-55
The gr55 has it. You have to install a special pickup that sends each strings output over a 13 pin cable. My buddy has one and it's awesome. It's on my gas list. True polyphonic synth.
Quote by fly135
The gr55 has it. You have to install a special pickup that sends each strings output over a 13 pin cable. My buddy has one and it's awesome. It's on my gas list. True polyphonic synth.

Awesome! Would it end up taking the place of my other gear?
The GR-55 has amp simulation as well but you're better off using an actual good amp. Most people will run the GR-55 output directly into the desk for synth and retain their normal guitar rig for their guitar sounds. Depends on what you are playing though, I'm sure a GR-55 straight into the desk would be fine for a lot of post-rockers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification