First. Yet again going for an 8, if anyone cares and I doubt you do.

First question. With my amp, my bass is louder than my mid's or treble. I'm not the best with frequency here though. I have it EQ'd at, Bass: 10'oclock Mid: 3 o'clock Treb: 1 o'clock. however, I did put a set of d'addario light jazz strings (10-49?) on my mahogany/mahogany schecter, which could also be the culprit. thoughts?

I thought I had another question, but while typing, forgot it...
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
The mahogany schecter, it's a dense wood and gives a dark tone. What amp is it?

Edit: Didn't see your sig because of the colours. You may want to invest in an EQ pedal or really dial down you bass.

Edit: Additionally you depending on which schecter C-1 you have you could invest in some new pickups or an OD pedal which usually comes with a tone knob for a bit of a boost to cut through the mix.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at May 9, 2011,
there actually isn't a question here, or the vital part of a sentence to turn it into a question..
Quote by tele-a-holic
there actually isn't a question here, or the vital part of a sentence to turn it into a question..

If you honestly can't tell what the question is then I worry about you. If you're just being a smart ass then gtfo.

Edit: And there actually isn't a capital letter in your sentence.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at May 9, 2011,
Yes. I was trying to do the dont scoop your mids so i "boosted" them. So, turn them down a bit?
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
as much as I don't think the amp can handle an 8, here are some suggestions:

run the bass even lower. Due to equal-loudness curves (that is, what SPL the ear perceives as equally loud at various frequencies), bass frequencies require far more power to hear clearly (this is why bassists get to use 500+ watt amps). turn down the bass and the amp wont have to work as hard to push out treble and mids

back off your mids a bit. I appreciate that you're trying to avoid a scooped sound, though somewhat scooped is probably fine in most cases, but cranking the mids to high-heaven wont really help anything. try running them somewhere between 10 and 2 o'clock, starting at 10 and adding mids until the sound just starts getting "honky", then backing off a little bit. this will give you a decent amount of cut without sounding mid-heavy

play with the treble. treble is really where alot of your distorted sounds come out of. play with the treble knob between 8 and 3 o'clock (I know most people avoid extreme settings, but they might work in some cases) and try and find a sweet spot where the sound is bright enough for your tastes without any harshness.
Not sure if this is clear, but I wanted to buy an 8 (flipped back to a 7 again now. FUH), so currently I am still playing a 6.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive