I enjoy to pschedelic music. for this genre, which guitar would suit my needs better to produce that-im-trippin-balls tone?
Telecaster because Jimmy Page had one painted psychedelic and I think Syd Barret used one as well.
yes Syd Barrett! and also Dave Gilmour before he switched to strat. I have a strat and a Tele and the Tele is amazingly better, great guitar, great sounds.

EDIT: and i do use the guitars for psychedelic music, apart from the whammy bar on the strat the tele is better in all ways
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Whatever you like, I'd recommend a strat with an H-S-S setup just for versatility but for psychedelia you'll be more interested in pedals and amps.
Go to a guitar shop and try out some if you can to get a feel for what you might prefer as they are quite different shapes.
teleteleteletele

but for real advise try a shit load out. a shit load. like just sit in GC with two and switch back and forth making mental notes of the pros cons and then just decide.

unless your a bad ass and you just chose one without trying anything like me....

really i just cant afford a strat :'( and hold it in contempt cause my friend got one.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Tele all the way.

I'd go for the '72 Deluxe, Blackout, or the Nashville Deluxe.
Gotta go with a Telecaster. If you are feeling really dangerous try a semi-hollow tele.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
The tele.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I honestly can't see any reason to buy a Strat unless you really love Stratocaster tremolos. Because if you aren't using the trem you'll either block it or have to **** with it any time you set up the guitar. Better off with the Telecaster.
I'm gonna say either would work equally as well. But the Strat has the upper hand cause you can do this.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
I'm gonna say either would work equally as well. But the Strat has the upper hand cause you can do this.

Or you could not do that and just save a few hundred dollars and buy this too

even though that in terms of guitar was the nerdiest coolest thing I have ever seen.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Last edited by 801Current at May 10, 2011,
I think they both work well enough for it.. just get whatever feels best to you.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Strats do a bit of everything.
Teles sound just a bit better for that holy-hell-I'm-tripping-bawls tone, though. Just a little.

In the end, it's all preference anyway.

PS. Taking an instrument out of its comfort zone is how most genres of music originated. Keep that in mind before you buy.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I'd go with the Strat. The trem with it will let you be a little more creative with trippy sounds.
another strat vs tele thread. how many more times.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix