Just wondering if anyone's got any advice on tracking stolen equipment, or how it works. Anyone ever experience this? Basically the situation is, I moved in with someone a while back in Wisconsin. I'm now in Georgia and they refuse to spare a measly $15 to get it back and they've also been lying out their ass to me this entire time saying "oh yeah I'll send it tomorrow, promise" etc. This has lasted for a little over a month now. I'm beginning to think they pawned it or something. Do I simply give the police the serial number and have them call local pawn shops and things of that nature or what?
My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ariana ZZZ Acoustic
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey Bandit 65
M-Audio Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller
TC Electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 Interface
Propellerhead Reason 4.0
Dimarzio Cliplock Straps
If you know who has it, then yea call the police. Unless the $15 is for shipping, then pay the shipping (it's not stolen). Not really a clear description of events.
1. The SG stands for “solid guitar.”
Besides calling the police, there's also:

http://www.screamingstone.com/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Um, not sure I followed that... Shouldn't you be paying the $15 to ship your own stuff? But yeah, if you feel like the person has stolen your stuff and isn't just being cheep and lazy, call the cops. Or maybe threaten to call the cops and see if that gets your stuff to you.
If he pawned it off over a month ago, I don't think there's much the police can do.

I'm not sure if it's nation-wide, but I know a lot of places have a 30-day cooldown on all used merchandise that comes into places like pawn shops, guitar center, etc. This is to allow enough time for it to be reported as stolen.

After those 30 days, the item is free to go as it pleases.
Eh sorry, I should have clarified a bit more. Yes, I am paying for the shipping. But just the fact that after giving her so much money (around 500-600 over time) for various things, she can't get off her ass and mail my guitar for $15 makes me wonder. I have alot of other things too but I'm mostly worried about my guitar. I've been getting every convenient excuse in the world for them not to send it, even if I were to send them the money. Example, I would just send them to money but whoops, suddenly her van and computer are both ****ed.

UPS doesn't help either. I tried to have them schedule a pickup today and they expected me to give her my debit card number in order to pay it? HAHAH no. Finally, my mother got a call tag issued through her work (even though they told me I couldn't do that) on the phone, so the UPS is going to go and pick up the guitar most likely tomorrow. So, if they go by her house and they don't get a guitar in their hands, I am indeed calling the cops.
My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ariana ZZZ Acoustic
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey Bandit 65
Propellerhead Reason 4.0
Dimarzio Cliplock Straps
Quote by WrathOscuro
Eh sorry, I should have clarified a bit more. Yes, I am paying for the shipping. But just the fact that after giving her so much money (around 500-600 over time) for various things, she can't get off her ass and mail my guitar for $15 makes me wonder. I have alot of other things too but I'm mostly worried about my guitar. I've been getting every convenient excuse in the world for them not to send it, even if I were to send them the money. Example, I would just send them to money but whoops, suddenly her van and computer are both ****ed.

UPS doesn't help either. I tried to have them schedule a pickup today and they expected me to give her my debit card number in order to pay it? HAHAH no. Finally, my mother got a call tag issued through her work (even though they told me I couldn't do that) on the phone, so the UPS is going to go and pick up the guitar most likely tomorrow. So, if they go by her house and they don't get a guitar in their hands, I am indeed calling the cops.

you are a tool.... So you used to date this girl and she broke it off so you feel she owes you something....

"after giving her so much money (around 500-600 over time) for various things".... she does't owe you anything, get over it bro.

"I have alot of other things too but I'm mostly worried about my guitar.".... but you refuse to fork over a pitiful $15 to get it back??? you are not a guitarist, you are a drama queen.

Give her 15 and she will give you her guitar... guaranteed
Quote by jsspang
you are a tool.... So you used to date this girl and she broke it off so you feel she owes you something....

"after giving her so much money (around 500-600 over time) for various things".... she does't owe you anything, get over it bro.

"I have alot of other things too but I'm mostly worried about my guitar.".... but you refuse to fork over a pitiful $15 to get it back??? you are not a guitarist, you are a drama queen.

Give her 15 and she will give you her guitar... guaranteed

not always that simple
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
If the guitar means that much to you, get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy, and get out with the guitar if the guitar is still there.
Quote by jsspang

I don't mean to be a downer, but if you were dating and broke up on bad terms, there might be a good chance she sold it just out of bitterness. In that case.. I don't know how much the police would be willing to do about it, but you can try. But when its a long term relationship (if it was) and all that stuff, things like that can easily end up in small claims court.

Have you tried calling pawn shops in the area and describing the guitar? Maybe it will help. Also check Craiglist and stuff in her area, maybe she posted it online? Wouldn't be the first time someone was caught that way. Lol.

Good luck!
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."
Quote by CannedBullets
do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy, and get out with the guitar if the guitar is still there.

This. Develop an advanced multi-person recovery raid. It can't fail!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
seems to be a lot missing from this tale. you moved (translation you dumped her for another girl or got booted for some bad behavior) but didn't have enough sense to bring your guitar? it costs more than $15 to ship a guitar so i don't know where you got that figure. dude this is a case for The People's court not the police.
What kind of guitar is it? I'll give her $15 to send it to me.

Basically, it seems to me it would be MUCH MUCH easier just to send her the $15 and get your guitar back, rather than bicker and gripe. Get a money order(keep the receipt), save the emails or texts where she says she is going to send your guitar, have her give you a tracking number and see if it shows up. If it doesn't, then you have evidence she stole it and cause for recourse. Right now, all any officer will tell you is that you should have taken it with you when you left.

It's just $15, seems to me a small price to pay to get your guitar back and cut ties.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Actually, I am not talking about someone I was dating. I finally was able to issue a call tag, so I'll know whether or not it was sold or anything in a day or two.

And as I said, I am paying for it. Problem with just sending the money is that it'd be hard to wire it to her being that her computer is screwed and she now has no means of transportation at the moment. I'm not trying to bicker and gripe, all I wanted to know was how to track down a piece of stolen equipment just incase because I have a suspicion that it may have been pawned, judging by not only her behavior but everyone else that lives there. I'll be on my way now since clearly you guys are too ****ing immature not to troll when I just wanted a simple answer. So if there's a mod reading this, close this thread. I'm not going to be replying or reading this anymore.

As for the people who actually tried to help, I appreciate it.
My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Schecter Omen Extreme 7
Ariana ZZZ Acoustic
Roland Micro Cube
Peavey Bandit 65
Propellerhead Reason 4.0
Dimarzio Cliplock Straps
Last edited by WrathOscuro at May 10, 2011,
Quote by WrathOscuro
Actually, I am not talking about someone I was dating. I finally was able to issue a call tag, so I'll know whether or not it was sold or anything in a day or two.

And as I said, I am paying for it. Problem with just sending the money is that it'd be hard to wire it to her being that her computer is screwed and she now has no means of transportation at the moment. I'm not trying to bicker and gripe, all I wanted to know was how to track down a piece of stolen equipment just incase because I have a suspicion that it may have been pawned, judging by not only her behavior but everyone else that lives there. I'll be on my way now since clearly you guys are too ****ing immature not to troll when I just wanted a simple answer. So if there's a mod reading this, close this thread. I'm not going to be replying or reading this anymore.

As for the people who actually tried to help, I appreciate it.

Does this mean you won't do the commando raid?
Quote by CannedBullets
If the guitar means that much to you, get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy, and get out with the guitar if the guitar is still there.

You might also consider a blood transfusion with tiger's blood, I hear it's good for winning
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I know how to fix it.

Don't leave your guitar at a bitch's house.

Problem solved.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
To be totally honest, if they did sell it, I'm sure a stolen guitar won't be on the cops priority list. It will be gone for good.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by butterfingers30
To be totally honest, if they did sell it, I'm sure a stolen guitar won't be on the cops priority list. It will be gone for good.

Are you kidding? Modern cops are pussies. They always go after the easy stuff rather than any real criminals that could put them in danger.
Send in 20 Navy SEALS to get it back and kill the somehow female Bin Laden.

Seriously, call the cops.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!