Hello everyone

Alright, so I've been looking for an amp for a while now, and I found this amp on this classifieds site for $70. It's a peavey envoy 110.

What I need to know is: is this a good amp? If so, what is it good for? (practicing, etc.) and is this a good price?

Thanks for all positive input
Guitars:

Ibanez RGA32-TYF
Harmony Rocket H53

Amps:

Orange Crush PiX CR35DLX

My youtube cannel
Hey I got one of those. Let me tell you it's a pretty sweet amp. It's pretty loud too. Drop in a new speaker and you got an amp that's good for home practice and small gigs. The distortion is really good. Also when you crank the clean channel it starts to break up real nice just like a real tube amp. For 70 bucks you can't go wrong with it.

If you want to hear what it sounds like go to my youtube channel. All of my covers except 2 or 3 of them are with this amp.
Last edited by Phat Stud 55 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Hey I got one of those. Let me tell you it's a pretty sweet amp. It's pretty loud too. Drop in a new speaker and you got an amp that's good for home practice and small gigs. The distortion is really good. Also when you crank the clean channel it starts to break up real nice just like a real tube amp. For 70 bucks you can't go wrong with it.

If you want to hear what it sounds like go to my youtube channel. All of my covers except 2 or 3 of them are with this amp.

40w SS will not be enough for even small gigs man, unless it's mic'd.
Otherwise, my friend used to own one before upgrading and it sounded pretty decent for a practice amp
Quote by me_llamo_juan
40w SS will not be enough for even small gigs man, unless it's mic'd.
Otherwise, my friend used to own one before upgrading and it sounded pretty decent for a practice amp

Actually mate I dropped a 70Watt speaker in mine and it filled a large sized auditorium rather well.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Actually mate I dropped a 70Watt speaker in mine and it filled a large sized auditorium rather well.

The speaker wattage doesn't have anything to do with volume really.

However I reckon 40 watts SS could work in band situation fairly well. I used a lot of lower wattage SS combos in the past and most of them did the job alright.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Phat Stud 55

Speaker wattage =/= Amp wattage.

A higher rated speaker wont make your amp louder mate.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
A speaker's wattage rating tells you how much wattage it can handle, it says nothing about the volume it will reach. I don't know the spec sheet of the Envoy's stock speaker, but chances are that Peavey cheaped out on it (they have that tendency with speakers) - it's quite possibly inefficient compared to aftermarket speakers, which would mean an increase in volume should the speaker be swapped for a new, more efficient model. 40w through a good speaker is plenty.