just wondering iam 55 played bass for 10years or so i just bought a squire strat hss but would like a good amp for blues and sustaining notes.iam semi disabled from a bike accident so now i dooo have tiime to learn !!! if anyone can help me out with some info on home learning pkgs and good headphone amps with background music to foolow with etc thanx everyone dont worry iam not going to ask a bunch of crap just something to get me started in the right direction,man...its all new to me now !!1
get a fender blues jr amp
goto www.justinguitar.com
and get a marshall ministck ms-4 for the portable amp
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Are there any blues artists whose tone you would you like to emulate?

Also what is your budget?

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Last edited by Don't Panic Ok? at May 9, 2011,
in canada have around 250,as in the style ya know more or less slow moody with a hint of robin trower style.iam never going to be a roy buchanan!!!hahahaha thats for sure thats why i might need some pedal assisatance
I think Robin Trower uses Marshall for the most part, but I'm not sure.

I'd suggest you try a Marshall Class 5, and if you like it look for a used one. In my opinion it can get some great crunch, and by rolling off your volume it cleans up nicely.

If you intend to mainly play clean, however, I would second the recommendation for a used Fender Blues Jr. Then later maybe pick up a nice overdrive pedal to drive it a bit.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!